Well, Show Your Other (non-bass) Instruments, Then!

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I'm sure some of you must play other instruments besides bass. I play bass far better than I do any other instrument, but here are a few of my other toys.

Give me a campfire, and I will strum away on cowboy chords and sing bland, middle-of-the-road rock covers out of tune for hours, until your girlfriend sleeps with me. Or at least until mine sleeps with you.

Audrey resized.jpg

But when it's time to, you know, really rock out some power chords and shitty pseudo-blues lead, a man needs a "Stratocaster with a whammy bar" as the late great Frank Zappa once sang.

IMG_1426.JPG

And if you think I'm a horrible guitar player, you should hear what happens when I stiffen up for some truly entry-level renditions on this monstrosity.

Keyboard.JPG

Attachments

• Audrey.JPG
    Audrey.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 380

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Give me a campfire, and I will strum away on cowboy chords and sing bland, middle-of-the-road rock covers out of tune for hours, until your girlfriend sleeps with me.
Ha!.....my ex would probably just sing along with you until someone reports you guys as disturbing the peace :)

Some how this is reminding me of Mellowinman

Reaction score
I'm sure some of you must play other instruments besides bass. I play bass far better than I do any other instrument, but here are a few of my other toys.

Give me a campfire, and I will strum away on cowboy chords and sing bland, middle-of-the-road rock covers out of tune for hours, until your girlfriend sleeps with me. Or at least until mine sleeps with you.

View attachment 18588

But when it's time to, you know, really rock out some power chords and shitty pseudo-blues lead, a man needs a "Stratocaster with a whammy bar" as the late great Frank Zappa once sang.

View attachment 18586

And if you think I'm a horrible guitar player, you should hear what happens when I stiffen up for some truly entry-level renditions on this monstrosity.

View attachment 18587
This going to take a while- give a week or so- I’ve been playing for a long time-

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Here's some.

ins1.jpg

MiniNova keyboard has vocoder and autotune on board to make insane vocal effects possible. The larger keyboard underneath is a Yamaha AN1X which sounds very very eighties. I use this as a masterkeyboard only.

inst2.jpg

Drumkit is mine. It is a 1986 Tama Superstar with extra deep shells. 1986 was the last year these kits were still being built in Japan and sounding really good.
The snare is a Tama SLP series Bubinga.
Cymbals are Paiste 2002 series combined with a Sabian AA 14" hihat.
Kit is being used in the band by my sister, who is a way better drummer then me.

In the back you see my Engl guitarstack being used by Daniel, our guitarist/singer.
The bassist on the left is me playing my Zon Sonus, my Ric 4001v63 sitting in the back.
Vocal monitors standing on poles are also mine, so are the powermixer and the Sennheiser mics in the room.

inst3.jpg

And this you may have seen before. It is my 1961 (no reissue, really from 1961) Gibson SG Special with the custom "batwing" pickguard and Jason Lollar P90 pickups.
I think this guitar may be quite valuable but I have it here to play on and do not care about how much it may be worth. It is the best sounding Gibson I have had the pleasure to play or hear yet.

The Engl Raider100 combo is no longer being made by Engl, but it is one of their most flexibel amplifiers yet. Four channels sharing two sets of controls.
The top row is for your clean and crunch channels and has an extra presence and depth punch dial, the bottom row is for the hi gain and lead channels.
Amp has two master volumes which you can switch between using the programmable footcotroller. I really love this guitar amp!

I also own two acoustic guitars, a lot of mics, stands, cables and recording gear which are not in the pics. Basically I have enough to record any three to five piece full band using my own gear.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't have pictures here, but beyond my many basses I have:
- Violins
- Theremin
- Didgeridoo
- Acoustic guitar
- Electric drum set
- Ukuleles

Bass is the only instrument that I can play relatively well, though :(

I'll try to post some pictures later.

Toepfer

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Pepe
I don't have very good photos of my guitars or keys, but here are some of them.

My oldest is a heavily modified Charvel that now has a carbon fiber top.
IMG_0914.JPG IMG_0916.JPG
Then there is the 6 String PRS SE (30th aniversary) - very cool for high gain sounds
IMG_0917.JPG IMG_0927.JPG
PRS SE 7 String
IMG_0919.JPG IMG_0923.JPG
And the latest is a Chapman Ghost Fret - I love the neck
s-l1600_1.jpg
There are two accoustik steel String Guitars (no pictures).

Then there is an older Clavinova and a (mostly) Roland E-Drum in the cellar, which also is beeing used as a home Studio.

That should be it - so far.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ok I have no idea what that is!

Reaction score
Well, since the board insists ...

If you only knew the tongue-lashing I received! You know what they say about a woman spurned (or neglected for that matter)- Anyhow there are a few more on the way-

Strats.jpg

Top Bottom