Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

WCA 411 Pro 8 ohms horn problem?

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by NZ Bassman, May 28, 2009.

1. NZ Bassman

NZ Bassman

I'm pretty sure the cabinet I have is the WCA 411 Pro 8 ohms.
    When I first bought it, I used it with my old Yamaha Motion B Bass, and when the horn was turned up it produced a loud crackling / static sound.
    The man at the music shop said it is because my bass was not 'earthed' properly.
    I didn't bother getting the bass fixed, and just continued to use the cabinet without the horn turned on.
    Now I have a newer bass - Ibanez TR Expressionist (on my profile pic), and I decided to try and use the horn on the cabinet - and the same crackling / static sound came out.
    I thought that maybe my Ibanez was the problem, until I plugged an electric guitar into the amp and another bass and still got the same sounds.
    Would this be a problem with the horn in cabinet, or with the warwick profet 5.2 amp I am using?

oh - just to be clear I tried using different guitar and different speaker leads to see if that was the problem, but it made no difference.

anyone got any ideas?
    thanks
    NZ Bassman

2. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

Hey Nick.Has this happened in different venues/locations?
    Also,there's a ground lift switch on the back of your Profet,try pressing it in & see if it makes any difference.Your problem may be related to the power in your room or if the lighting has dimmer switches.
    Also,can you try your Profet with another cab?

3. NZ Bassman

NZ Bassman

thanks greg - yeah I think that's my only option to try the profet 5.2 with another speaker cab.... hopefully the Profet doesn't need fixing... I'm not working at the moment (redundant!) so don't have any funds for repairs!

4. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

+1 on Greg's post, the ground lift button can fix this :)