WARWICK WOOD GOING GREEN!

Reaction score
hi am am new to this place! so forgive if i post in the wrong bit! basically i bought a corvette standard ash body bass, and it developed some sort green stuff just above the pickup where i rest my thumb whilst playing!
i have no idea how to get rid of it! and i am very scared that it may spread and damage the rest of my bass! HELP! any advice as to what to do??????
thanks

Reaction score
this happens on mine as well, its just sweat reacting with the warwick wax.... just use some light grade sandpaper to sand it away, always rubbing with the grain of the wood. make sure its very fine grade paper. then just seal it with a fresh coat of wax. you will need to repeat this as needed.

Reaction score
anarchyok said:
this happens on mine as well, its just sweat reacting with the warwick wax.... just use some light grade sandpaper to sand it away, always rubbing with the grain of the wood. make sure its very fine grade paper. then just seal it with a fresh coat of wax. you will need to repeat this as needed.[/quote

oh right! thanks, should i use the wax i got the the warwick to seal it?? or is there some other type of wax i need to buy??
thanks again

O

odominguez

It is also strongly recommended that you wax your bass at least once every month. This will provide great protection for your wood.

Good luck.

Top Bottom