Warwick Webshop

Reaction score
"Official opening of our webshop 01-03-2006"

???

:twisted:

Reaction score
Good news! Today is the 18th and the web-shop opens on the 17th! That means all we hafto do is go back in time...

Seriously, when's that shop goingto open?

TBS

Reaction score
Journey far beyond my memory, driven back in time....

Sorry I could not resists. I'm listening right now to Back in time from Rage :p

I am waiting for the web shop since the first published opening date :(

Reaction score
Promising something and don't keep it has nothing to do with Warwick's very high work and customer-support ethic.
Therefore, I don't understand the shop's opening-date issue...

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
I hadn't noticed this thread started on March the 2nd, and I 'd been thinking that Warwick players are patient and understanding. I was about to start this kind of thread today, when I found out it was already there.
Judging by Warwick's reputed consistency, I was in fact expecting the web shop open at March the 1st at 00:00 hours. (I was actually online at the time waiting)
However, I think we have to take into account that there may be reasons outside of Warwick's control (e.g. the people who develop the webshop, if they are external collaborators of course) that the webshop is not open yet. Deadlines in software and web projects are seldom made, and if they are, there is often some missing functionality or less requirements fulfilled than what the client (Warwick) expects. So, they might have thought it's unacceptable to launch a half-finished webshop. Completely understandable for a company with a reputation like Warwick's.
I would really like to hear wwmod's comments if he has any information.
I hope you will understand my comments are well intended.

Best Wishes.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Vast Piles said:
Good news! Today is the 18th and the web-shop opens on the 17th! That means all we hafto do is go back in time...

Seriously, when's that shop goingto open?

Perhaps they should change the sentence to: "Official opening of our webshop when it's ready." :wink:

Reaction score
Of course what you say is true. However I think Warwick should post an accurate opening date for the web shop. They've kept pushing it since January! There have to be some serious problems going on for it to take so long.

O

odominguez

Please remember that the webshop will offer many different items and all those descriptions need to be finished in various different languages. Also remember that the new site was release not more than 2 months ago and there's still some work to be done.

Thank you for your patience.

Reaction score
All that work can be done within two weeks. Seriously. The html/java scripting for a webshop is not very complicated. Some websites even offer webshop models for free. I want my Warwick Thumb Mousepad damn it! :D

O

odominguez

Vast Piles said:
All that work can be done within two weeks. Seriously. The html/java scripting for a webshop is not very complicated. Some websites even offer webshop models for free. I want my Warwick Thumb Mousepad damn it! :D

It's not only the code, that's completed, it's the translation of all the items that will be there. So be patient and you will love the results.

TBS

Reaction score
Translated to Japanese perhaps? :p

Its a pity that I will start my classes of Japanese on September after years of searching for a proper place to attend to :(

Reaction score
Just all wait and see. If we've waited this long we can wait some more. :D

Reaction score
It would be nice to at least change the opening date, "official opening date 17-3-06" doesn't seem very professional on the 23rd..

Reaction score
They have taken the "Shop" link out of the main page, which probably means "don't expect the web shop any time soon. or ever".

Top Bottom