Warwick Triumph

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm planning to buy the warwick Triumph 5 string. Does anyone has made experiences with this instrument?
I'm playing jazz&big band music and I'm looking guys who can give me feedback!

thx alot,

Johannes

Reaction score
I know that Marcbass on this forum has bought one but am not sure if it's a 5 or a 4

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my Emerald Green Triumph 4 string upright...
I hope it will arrive any day soon..

O

odominguez

I also ordered mine. I tried one out and I think it sounds amazing.

Reaction score
Thx! Have you compared the Triumph with other electric uprights?

Reaction score
I haven't read the best comments on the Triumph by the guys at talkbass.com... I'd definitely compare it to an NS Design before investing.

O

odominguez

Dragonlord said:
I haven't read the best comments on the Triumph by the guys at talkbass.com... I'd definitely compare it to an NS Design before investing.
Hello Dragonlord, can you provide us with the link to the talkbass.com section where they have the Triumph reviews? I can't seem to find it.

Thank you.

Reaction score
There are not many reviews, there are comments here and there but none of them (at least none that I found) is raving, which is something I usually expect for Warwick instruments. The few times that it is compared to an NS, the NS is preferred.

O

odominguez

Thanks Dragonlord...

I read the replies on talkbass.com and again, I think it's a matter of style and opinion... I am so used to the Warwick sound that sometimes it's hard for me to get used to another bass sound. That doesn't mean I have no respect for other great bass companies, since I know there's a lot of companies out there that build great sounding instruments. I think at the end of the day it all comes down to a particular sound, feel, and look. And I think Warwick is definitely going my way on those three things. I think the Tirumph is a great instrument but the only thing I can REALLY suggest is that you go out and find one and try it out! Let your fingers and your ears make that decision for you.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I suggested as well, that anyone interested should try the Triumph and try other basses in the same category, to see which fits them best.

Reaction score
Just got an email from Warwick DE...

Hej Marcus,
Regarding delivery date of your new Warwicks I got the following information:

- Triumph 4, Emeraud Green should arrive at FLAA mid / end of april

- Corvette $$ 4, Night Blue Flake shipment is scheduled for end of may / beginning of june.

I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!! :( :cry:

Reaction score
So Marcus, you will probably not have any fingernails left by waiting for another couple of months :wink:

Top Bottom