Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Warwick Thumb NT6 1990

Discussion in 'Bass Arena's Classifieds - Archive' started by albertforns, Dec 1, 2014.

1. albertforns

albertforns

This is the definitive time I put this bass on sale. [sorry for my english in advance]

iJg9Fw0.jpg

Warwick Thumb NT6 from 1990 made in "West Germany":lol:

Body: bubinga+wenge, Neck-Through
    Original Bartollini pickups
    EQ control mids-trebe, with 1 push-pull to select double coil pickup
    26 frets, 34'' scale

The bass is well conserved. It has few little details that only affect to stetic, that I explain below:

- One tuning machine (G string) is slightly turned one day the little screw that fixes each key broke (I was doing anything, I can't remember) and the body of the screw remained in the wood. Then I winded another screw that fixed correctly the tuning machine, but not in the original position, and after this the head of the other screw broke too. So, the machinery works perfectly but you can see one key is not in the same position as others. If you don't like this, I guess that the solution should be easy. I'm not going to do it, becaus for me it's not necessary. See the pictures in the image folder below.

- it has a tiny gash in the back of the body (almos invisible). I don't know when or how it appeared, but nothing happens and the bass works. I just only comment this because the instrument is valuable and if you look closely when you have it in your hands you'll see it. See the picture in the folder.

- At the battery plastic cover, the flange is almost broken. Works perfectly and closes and opens, but you won't hear the 'click' and you will have to be careflul when you replace the batery (once a year? ;)).

Nothing more. I had it for long, and I did look after it as best as I can. The hardware, maybe any screw looks a bit rusty but every adjustable screw and part works perfectly. Pickups and bridge are adjustable. The frets are not new, but the future owner can find a new set for this bass easyly at warwick web: http://goo.gl/t1vkHQ

This is the folder with images
    http://imgur.com/a/zfwcR#0

You can apply wax to its wood, as I did time ago, but now it's not necessary.

That's it. Feel free to ask. The bass is at my home in Mataró, Barcelona. I ask for it 1200€ plus shipping or better offer. Time ago I was offered more than this amount, but I set this price once I tell every possible handicap this wonderful instrument has. It's mythical, a difficult decision for me to make. Thanks to everyone.

7BUozjQ.png

2. DemBoneZ

DemBoneZ

nice!

3. GrindcoreHank

GrindcoreHank

Wooow, that's a beautiful instrument! :O It looks great for it's age, hahaha! ;-)

4. 11080

11080 Serbian Bassist

This is very good offer. If I were somewhere closer to Spain (because of prefered personal collection of bass), this would be fast decision. Although I do not need it.

5. 11080

11080 Serbian Bassist

pm sent

6. GrindcoreHank

GrindcoreHank

P.M. sent.

7. albertforns

albertforns

The bass has been re-sold to a previous owner. This ad has lasted 24hrs =) it can be deleted, thanks

8. albertforns

albertforns

I have to change my avatar :p