Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Sold! Warwick Thumb Custom Shop Broad Neck 6 2007

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Stuff' started by remorsehorse, Jul 30, 2019.

By remorsehorse on Jul 30, 2019 at 12:20 PM
  1. remorsehorse

remorsehorse

This is a Warwick Custom Shop 2007 Thumb Broad Neck 6-String. It's a 9V active bass with MEC pickups and electronics, and can be switched to passive by pulling out the volume control. The specs are as follows:

Serial number:

D 134746-07

Article number:

0226160004BZBPOOBW

Produced:

2007-04-18

Description:

CO Thumb Bolt on, 6-string

Natural Oil finish

Bubinga Pommele body

Ovangkol neck

Black hardware

I recently replaced the tuning pegs with original Warwick ones as they had various problems. The only other change is an upgrade from Just-a-nut 2 to 3, which was done by a luthier. It has a small dink on the lower cutaway, and a bit of minor belt rash on its beautiful, belly-curved rear. All pictured. The bubinga pommele body is otherwise really nice and has a slightly iridescent look to it in light.

It's a gorgeous bass. The fret inlays aren't actually inlays - they are stuck on it seems. I think they would peel off if you wanted to make it look like a regular Warwick neck but I haven't messed about with these!

Original Warwick strap locks, tools and wax included.

Note that this thing weighs around 6KG and the broad neck fretboard is simply huge. Please make sure you know what you're getting into with this thing - if you have small hands it may be difficult to play.

Super-sad to part with it, but it isn't getting the attention it deserves. Collection would obviously be the best (I'm near Portsmouth, UK) but I can pack it and ship it if need be.

I'd like £1,500 for it, offers considered also.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hardy, Hector and Hoggles like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Stuff' started by remorsehorse, Jul 30, 2019.