Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

warwick take 12.1 fuzz

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by SalvaDox, Sep 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SalvaDox

SalvaDox

Hello guys,

I just bought a warwick take 12.1 and played a bit with my bass on it, i can hear the notes i play clearly but there is
    a small distorstion/fuzz sound on the background a bit hard to hear maybe but it is there, is it becoz of the gain?

this is the second warwick take 12.1 because the first one i ordered got delivered broken it had a huge amount of distortion/fuzz coming out of it.

2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hy Salva, and welcome to our forum.
    I cannot tell you too much without hearing the amp.
    It is hard for me to understand how audible is that fuzz. Almost all Bass amps can have some weird sounds, depending on your grounding, bass used, cables, RF interferences, etc.
    I mean if you REALLY want to hear something, you'll hear even on much more expensive amps.

This doeasn't mean that your amp cannot be defective, I am just saying that it is hard to tell you without hearing.
    What you can do is:
    - Try with different cables
    - Try with different bass
    - Try in a different location

If the buzz is still there, try to contact your Warwick dealer, do discuss this issue.

I hope it helps.
    Florin

3. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

I've had the very same problem on two Sweet 15s and a Take 12.

It's like some background noise/distortion/interference that seems to prevent a nice clean sound.

On the Sweet 15s I had the problem was intermittent I could not reproduce it with any regularity. When it wasn't happening the amp sounded great - when it was happening it sounded bad. My wife even noticed it...and that's saying something.

I'm really not sure what the cause is, but I know it's something real as I've heard it with my own ears.

I'd hoped they might have fixed it in the new Take 12.1, but perhaps not?

...if you do some searching on the forum, you'll see this issue is not a new one. You'll find posts referring to the exact same problem going as far back as 2006 (perhas even earlier?).

:roll:

I should have thought it could have been resolved by now.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009