Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Warwick Sweet 25.2 - (Serious) sound problem

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by JLAEST, Feb 23, 2011.

1. JLAEST

JLAEST

Hi,

I just found this forum and I think you could be really helpful with a problem I have. I got my Warwick Sweet 25.2 for Christmas, and it always worked well. Since 2 days ago, it started do make a very strange sound, and I connected it to 2 different basses and using 3-4 different cables, and it remains. It is difficult do describe, but it sounds like a buzz, only when I play the string. The speaker moves as it always moved whenever I hit the note, but the sound is very buzzy and it is almost impossible to distinguish the note. I tried to plug in headphones, but there isn't ANY sound coming from the headphones AND it still makes the buzz, exactly like without them. However, plugging the headphones to an ME-50B that is connected to the amp, I am able to hear the sound nice and clean, but the buzz stays there.

Any help? Thanks in advance

2. Revolver66

Revolver66

Yea this happened to me once,It ended up being the Input jack. The soldering on my jack was sorta disconnected for the wires inside the amp. Anyway I got my dad to fix it and something like that might be the problem!

3. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum J,

Unfortunately, all we can do here is guesing. You should take your amp to a qualified repairman, or if it was new, discuss the issue with the shop that sold you the bass.

Please come back to us and tell us what was it :)

4. ridgebackdk

ridgebackdk

have you tried the amp in another room?different power plug socket? try the simple things and if the problem is still there as florin says bring it to someone for repair.. actually sounds to me like a speaker solder or dryjoint issue..had similar with a 1x15combo and it was similar to what you say..if your not sure what your doing dont take the chance :) lets us know the outcome

5. JLAEST

JLAEST

Revolver66,
    I will check it, but I think it can't be a problem in the input jack, because, after all, I can hear sound coming from the headphones in the pedalboard, when I connect it Bass - Amp - Pedal - Amp, so if it "passes" the amp it can't be the input, I think.

Florin,
    thank you. I'm trying to repair it by myself, but I guess that will be the solution.

ridgebackdk,
    I tried in three power plug sockets, using two different cables... I will try to open it and see what I can do.

6. ridgebackdk

ridgebackdk

i would start at the speaker connection and work backwards.speaker cable/plug(or whatever its called) up to the amp its self..if your not sure what your looking for it might be better to leave it to a pro..electrics can hurt if you get it wrong!!

7. Revolver66

Revolver66

yea bring your amp to a pro!

8. Pedro

Pedro

Be careful dude, the amp will hold electricity for a while even after it's been turned off so give it plenty of time to cool down before you start poking around!

9. Florin

After you unplug the amp, start it and you will se the power button on for a couple of seconds. That will release the electricity from the capacitors.

10. Augie

Augie The Desert Bass-ape

BE CAREFULL this is true but most people who get fried are SURE they had it sorted, if you are gunna play with the guts of an amp i would take it to a tech, or if you know your schnit ensure you earth the circuit before working on it. I dont know how this is done but i know techs always basically hook the circuit to a ground lead to make sure it is discharged. some of the capacitors in amps can really cook you so dont take any risks to save a few buck at a repair shop.

11. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

Augie speaketh the truth.

12. Florin

Indeed, it is dangerous working inside!

13. Nachobassman

Nachobassman Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!

Did you bought that amp new from an authorized Warwick dealer? If so, why don´t you take it to them for a check out, and claim the Warranty if needed?.

14. JLAEST

JLAEST

Caracas,

my problem is that a live in Portugal and bought it from Musik Schmidt, in Germany. I already sent them an e-mail presenting the situation and asking what can I do, and I am now waiting for an answer.

15. Florin

Portugal.... Beautiful country :)

16. JLAEST

JLAEST

Indeed :). Too bad it is far from Musik Schmidt and Warwick xD

17. jogi

jogi

I guess it´s the speaker that isn´t working properly. Is it possible for you to connect a different cab to the amp? (...having disconnected the internal speakers of course, just pull out the plug.) If you have a clean signal into the other cab it will be one of the speakers of the 25.2.

18. damor

damor

Hi JLAEST, I have the same problem too, I found that the battery in my bass had to be new or fully charged, I will get the buzz sound when my battery is half flat.

19. CowTipper

CowTipper

seeing as how he tried using two basses already dead battery probably isn't it.

sometimes i wait about a week before i try something that "breaks" again and sometimes i get a little magic luck and everything works. so you can try on seeing if it fixes itself.

20. Kano

Kano

bzzzzzzzz with little amplification and mudbutt...

JLAES I have the same amp with the same problem.... its been sitting in my guitar players bassment for over a year. I was about to trouble shoot when I came across this thread. Any conclusions or contusions?