Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Warwick Sweet 15 Has Cut Out After Being Used On Same Circuit As Hissing Fender Acoustasonic 40

Discussion in 'Non - Official Warwick Customer Support' started by rhy7s, May 6, 2019.

1. rhy7s

rhy7s

I've just got a new Fender Acoustasonic 40 which exhibited a heavy hiss even with no mics or instruments plugged in and levels zeroed. The distributor is taking it back to have a look. The more concerning issue was that when plugged in at the same wall socket (but different plug) my Warwick Sweet 15 bass amp also started hissing (normally silent) and would make a rattling, papery sound if playing notes which was more pronounced at lower frequencies. Unplugging the Fender returned the sound of the Warwick to normal. Today however the Warwick amp has cut out completely, the mute button will change state but no sound comes out the speaker or headphone out (instruments and cables work on other amps).

In your opinion, could this have been a related issue? Or likely to be a coincidence?

2. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    If the Fender worked properly when you got it, this could mean there's something seriously wrong with your power circuit.

3. rhy7s

rhy7s

The Fender exhibited this behaviour out of the box on this and other plugs. Other amps and devices have been OK on that circuit but I don't exactly want to risk the Fender being plugged in again.

4. rhy7s

rhy7s

I left the Sweet 15 unplugged over night and this morning it's come to life again after a short bit of fuzziness.