Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Warwick Rockbass Corvette With No Serial Number

Discussion in 'Non - Official Warwick Customer Support' started by Cabernet, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Cabernet

Cabernet

Hi, I'm about to buy a used Warwick Rockbass Corvette bass and it doesn't have a serial number, can this be possible?
    The current owner says that the bass is from 2006. Also the seller tells me that the serial number was not printed on the bass, the same was printed on a sticker that is now lost.
    Although the bass is in very good condition, except for the serial number, the rest would seem to be in order, my suspicion is that the bass may be stolen or falsified.
    I would really appreciate it if you could give me some information about this situation.
    Thank you very much.
    Greetings.
    Ale warwickRC.jpg warwickRC2.jpg

Attached Files:

Nachobassman likes this.
  2. Hardy

Hardy Good Vibe Sponsor

This bass looks very original, but the serial numbers were - afaik - never printed on a sticker.

3. Cabernet

Cabernet

Thank you for responding, for me also looks original, but thinking about a future sale would become very difficult to sell it to get a better model.

4. Hardy

Hardy Good Vibe Sponsor

Maybe already the next buyer doesn´t care about serial numbers. But this offer is weird. If the seller talks about a sticker with the serial number he is guessing - or talking shayte? Still if someone shows us a Rockbass with a serial number on a sticker I would be glad to be wrong.

Florin likes this.
  5. Cabernet

Cabernet

it's tempting the price, with hardcase it has a value of u$s600.- when the rest of the Corvettes does not cost less u$s800.- but I think that the best thing is going to be to look for another bass... Thank you very much for your comments, Greetings!

6. Hardy

Hardy Good Vibe Sponsor

This bass you can buy in Germany for 300,- EUR. The newer Rockbass versions have the brand "Rockbass" only printed small above the nut, not all across the head stock. Look for such a model in this price range.

7. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

Yeah, the only stickers I've seen on Rockbass, are the recycling stickers etc. Not serial stickers. Same for the Korean pro's.

The only serial stickers I've seen on Wicks, are some of the Dolphin Pro 2's.

Of course as we all know, there are some that never got stamped. It happened.

Stainless likes this.
  8. Cabernet

Cabernet

Unfortunately the prices we pay in Argentina are 100% more expensive than in the USA or Europe, very bad economic policies. I had read from basses that were not serialized but that is another story, I will look for another bass that this as appropriate.
    Thank you very much Hardy!
    Greetings!

9. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    Welcome to the forum! I have a RockBass from 2002 that had the serial on a sticker behind the headstock. I have since removed it just like on the bass you 're thinking to buy. I would urge you to consider getting this bass as mine is actually a pretty nifty instrument.

Florin likes this.
  10. Cabernet

Cabernet

Thank you!, I'm glad to be here.
    that's a surprise! I consider buying the bass then, Will there be any official info on the Warwick website?

11. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    Not sure what exactly you are expecting. Info will normally be for the newer RockBass models. Some things are the same, some have changed. Just for completeness' sake I found a pic of mine while it had the sticker on, it is in fact one of the first RockBass instruments as they were introduced around 2000-2001 I think. I urge you to try out the bass before you get it. Mine has a fantastic neck but it's a bit neck heavy due to its steel truss rod.

S6300006.JPG

12. Cabernet

Cabernet

Thank you for uploading the image, this clarifies the situation. On Friday I'm going to test the bass so I'll tell you later if I bought it or not. I really appreciate all the comments.

jester and Hardy like this.
  13. Nachobassman

Nachobassman Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!

Bienvenido, amigo.

I'm from Caracas and my brother is living now in Buenos Aires and I can tell you second hand prices in almost all SouthAmerica are CRAZY compared to USA or Europe, they'd always been like that.

Hope you fine a nice bass on that Corvette.

¡Salud!

14. Cabernet

Cabernet

Hola Nacho, it's true, Buenos Aires has very high prices, sometimes the used instruments are more expensive than the new ones in US or Europe. Saludos!

Nachobassman likes this.
  15. Cabernet

Cabernet

Hi everybody, I finally went to see the Warwick RockBass Corvette 5s. Unfortunately the neck was too curved, more on the side of string B than on the side of string G. very striped, mistreated, a bass without love. Anyway, I'm going to have to get another one. Thank you very much for your comments.

Nachobassman and jester like this.
  16. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    Sorry to hear that. Good luck in your search.

17. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

I would not buy an old rockbass for that money. They are pretty nice, but you know... not the best quality, and I don't think they are built to last for a lifetime. Don't you have the possibility to buy from Ebay or even from our forum? At that price if you are lucky you can find a German one.

18. Cabernet

Cabernet

Hello Florin, It's true what you say about Rockbass, I would like to buy some on ebay, but the taxes we must pay to import things from other countries are at least 50% and I fear that the bass comes beaten or even broken. I'm from Argentina, South America. If you could see the prices of the instruments you wouldn't believe it! Anyway, I'll keep looking for.

Jester Thank for your coment!

jester likes this.
  19. Florin

Even if you buy two pieces of wood, a bag of screws and some metal parts, low value, and description "deffective for parts"?

Cabernet and jester like this.
  20. Florin

I mean there is always a way to get your dream bass, I know it is not easy but I think you can do it.

Nachobassman and jester like this.