Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Warwick Rockbass body-carving

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by PhilippBass, Sep 24, 2012.

1. PhilippBass

PhilippBass

Hey,
    I'm currently looking for a new backup bass and was thinking about getting either a RB Streamer Std or an LX.
    On some pictures I see on the internet,however, the edges of the bodys were rounded and had nearly no edges and on other pictures (including the WW website) the edges were not rounded at all (or just a little bit). Now I'm a little bit confused wehther there were different versions made (after the change to the original warwick hardware, etc) or the curvy streamers maybe were modified by their owners.

I would really appreciate it if someone could please show some pictures of their (post 2010) Streamers and/or share their impression of the "roundness"(?) of the body?
    Also, are the bodys of the standards and the LX models identical?

Thanks in advance for your help
    -Philipp

(and sorry for my bad english ;))

2. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

Hi Philipp, and welcome to the forum family!

;)

The Rockbass Streamer STD basses are not very curvy on the edges; only rounded off, and they are a flat body; not contoured like their big brothers.

:d

Still, they are a nice bass!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  3. CowTipper

CowTipper

most RB's if not all lack body contours. but, contours are just to make the bass look ultra sexy and more comfortable for those with beer bellies.

4. CliffHNZ

CliffHNZ

Cliff Hairston
    I wouldn't let the lack of contours put you off. They are a pleasure to play and feel very good in the hands. Beyond excellent value for the money...

5. PhilippBass

PhilippBass

Thanks for your replies, hopefully i get the opportunity to test a few of them any time soon;)
    can you tell me how the necks are compared to the neck of a warwick corvette?

6. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

They're made from maple with a rosewood board and nickel frets. The profile is similar to the modern Corvette standard profile and great to play.

;)

7. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

The neck is perfect!

8. joekickass

joekickass

One reason I dont buy corvette is the body is not curve, the RB are the same, it may not caused the tone but......

9. Florin

What is wrong with the body?

10. markoism

markoism

I actually really like the Rockbass. In fact the last session EP I did they asked me to use the Rockbass Corvette. I must agree I love playing this bass. The sound and body are perfectly fine.

11. Swantoronto

Swantoronto

I have a 2009 Rockbass Streamer Std with the contoured body as well as a 2011,and am also curious when and why they stopped making them as such,and wondering what other Streamer models have it,be it German made or RB

12. Swantoronto

Swantoronto

13. Swantoronto

Swantoronto

This black 2009 RB Streamer Std $(KGrHqFHJE4E+zoVUltKBQC)jfWj0g~~48_20.JPG does in fact have a contoured body,so when and why did they stop? And what other Streamer models have the contours?

14. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

I have never seen a Rockbass Streamer STD basses with a contoured body. Lots of eBay pictures for example make it look like the light is tricking you.

;)

15. Swantoronto

Swantoronto

9308fnk_20.jpeg
    Does the light trick you on this one? It's a 2009 and I'm wondering when and why they stopped actually.

16. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

Hmm... no, it does look contoured... I've never seen one like that here. Maybe Florin or Garey know how long the Rockbass Streamers were contoured and why they stopped.

17. Swantoronto

Swantoronto

I'm selling it actually,still unplayed,for $500 firm.The red one seen further up the thread is up for grabs too,it's a 2011.I just bought a German made $$ in mint cond. for $900 approx.,duties and shipping in.The vendor was a jeweller,and may have thought it was a Rockbass perhaps.Warwick Corp's perpetual state of confusion and over-engineering of their product lines rocks sometimes!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  18. Stinger427

Stinger427

I have a 2003 Streamer RB and I love it. Mine is contoured on the face where your arm rests, and also on the back it is nicely rounded for that beer belly thing. The only thing I dislike about mine is the cheesy Rockbass script on the headstock, I much prefer the W on my 2009 Corvette. My 03 really has me stumped, I was messing with the string level, trying to set it up to be closer to the pickups and this thing is suddenly sounding absolutely amazing. The tone has become fuller through the scale, and the sustain is also incredible. I have played other basses that are valued many times higher than my RB and they don't compare. The sustain when I hit a single not will just hang there, and hang there. I was always told that a neck thru bass will have better sustain, but this Streamer will last way longer than my Schecter Riot neck thru.
    Did I screw something up?

19. Florin

I've never noticed NT basses to have longer sustain than similar BO basses. All Warwick basses have good solid sustain, I suppose there is something with our necks ;-)

20. rusty

rusty Fatburger bassist

some of the 09 rockbasses were contoured, i think it may have had something to do with a factory change.... i kinda like the contoured bodies, but the others are just as comfy to play..