warwick led's

Reaction score
I've just been pricing up my custom buzzard and was shocked to hear how expensive the leds were considering people keep telling me that Warwicks are cheaper than Simsleds. For front only leds they are £593 and yet front and back will only cost me £618 , £25 more. Sims front only are only about £220. I have double checked with Warwick about the prices and they say they are the latest prices. I might be having a re think!! :cry:

Reaction score
no. warwick LEDs should be cheaper now as they are installed on site in germany...

Reaction score
Stroud said:
no. warwick LEDs should be cheaper now as they are installed on site in germany...

That makes much more sense to do it that way. When did they make the change? It must be pretty recent.

Reaction score
fourphatstrings said:
Stroud said:

That makes much more sense to do it that way. When did they make the change? It must be pretty recent.

Yepp, pretty recent. 6 months back maybe.....

Reaction score
You can still get Sims LED's fitted at the CS but the shipping to & from the UK makes it pricier than having Warwick fit them.Also Sims offers a few more variations than Warwick but it's still early days yet,give em time.

O

odominguez

LEDs have always been tricky subject for people to understand when it comes to its price. The reason for SimS LED to be so much more expensive than the Warwick ones that we fit into the basses in the factory, is because we have to ship the bass to SimS and then ship it back. That shipping process costs money. And if you do it yourself, you would have to pay for the shipping to SimS too. So it's all the same. On the other hand now, the reason why the front and side LEDs are so close to each other in terms of price is because we only drill a hole on the side and use the same LED, but with a lens to create the side LED, and since the LEDs are already put in place and this doesn't require adding more LEDs, it doesn't cost $400 EUR more to do this.

There's one other thing that you need to make sure of. SimS quotes on their site are for dot inlays. lighting up a complete fretboard full of Warwick inlays, (which are way bigger) requires more work, more powerful LEDs and more LEDs. For example, when you have dot inlays, if you put a single diode behind it, it will cover the whole dot. While if you need to light a Ying Yang or F-clef, a fisheye or a sunset, it requires about 3 or 4 LEDs per inlay. So you need to keep this in mind when making this comparison.

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Thanks for that post Ollie, explains a lot of things!

Reaction score
Well, Idon't like so much light on my bass. I see the purpose of side LEDs, those things can help you on dark stages or with flickering lights on. When I ordered my Corvette Custom, the dealer asked me about the name inlay...I said no thanks. I love simplicity on my bass, no fancy thigs on but with great sound. I love the bubinga body & wenge neck combination, thanks to my dealer who opened my eyes (should I say ears?).

Reaction score
elpelotero
Warwick Enthusiast

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:59 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for a cheaper alternative, check out fretfx.com

Just had a look , they look awesome!! Many thanks Elpelotero.

Reaction score
Wolfman said
I have Fret FX fitted to my warwicks.... very good product!!!

Hey Wolfman they look awesome , going to get some for my JE Ltd Buzzard to start with. They reckon the batteries last 50 hours on? Cheers , Max.

Reaction score
Oliver wrote
LEDs have always been tricky subject for people to understand when it comes to its price. The reason for SimS LED to be so much more expensive than the Warwick ones that we fit into the basses in the factory, is because we have to ship the bass to SimS and then ship it back. That shipping process costs money. And if you do it yourself, you would have to pay for the shipping to SimS too. So it's all the same. On the other hand now, the reason why the front and side LEDs are so close to each other in terms of price is because we only drill a hole on the side and use the same LED, but with a lens to create the side LED, and since the LEDs are already put in place and this doesn't require adding more LEDs, it doesn't cost $400 EUR more to do this.

There's one other thing that you need to make sure of. SimS quotes on their site are for dot inlays. lighting up a complete fretboard full of Warwick inlays, (which are way bigger) requires more work, more powerful LEDs and more LEDs. For example, when you have dot inlays, if you put a single diode behind it, it will cover the whole dot. While if you need to light a Ying Yang or F-clef, a fisheye or a sunset, it requires about 3 or 4 LEDs per inlay. So you need to keep this in mind when making this comparison.

Tell me if i am wrong but are'nt leds cheap to buy? ie; pence rather than pounds. Also sims charge £90 for illuminating the W logo where as Warwick charge £255!
While i am having a rant , just noticed that to buy a Streamer Jazzman of the custom shop is £1390 , but to buy a Streamer LX is £978 and then a further £81 to change the pick ups to the Jazzman!! Is this right?
Heres the best one , custom shop charge £37 for a 4 string brass nut but you can buy one off the Warwick website shop for only 16 euros!!!
Comments appreciated.

O

odominguez

I don't handle much of the pricing side of what Warwick does. But for the looks of it. It seems that you're look at distributor prices. We have an MSRP that we give out to the distributors, but they have the last word on that. What we sell on the online is at production price, without shipping or taxes for taking it to another country, which the customer will have to pay for when they receive the product.

About the LEDs, remember what I said, those prices that SimS charges is for the service of putting the LEDs on the bass. You still have to take care of shipping the bass to them and shipping it back to you. Shipping a bass means paying taxes too, and in some countries, like where I live for example, I would have to pay taxes again for receiving it. In my case, putting on the SimS LEDs would come up to about $2,000 USD. And about $350 USD for the W logo, if I were to send any of my basses to SimS and have them put the LEDs on it.

Reaction score
odominguez said:
I don't handle much of the pricing side of what Warwick does. But for the looks of it. It seems that you're look at distributor prices. We have an MSRP that we give out to the distributors, but they have the last word on that. What we sell on the online is at production price, without shipping or taxes for taking it to another country, which the customer will have to pay for when they receive the product.

About the LEDs, remember what I said, those prices that SimS charges is for the service of putting the LEDs on the bass. You still have to take care of shipping the bass to them and shipping it back to you. Shipping a bass means paying taxes too, and in some countries, like where I live for example, I would have to pay taxes again for receiving it. In my case, putting on the SimS LEDs would come up to about $2,000 USD. And about $350 USD for the W logo, if I were to send any of my basses to SimS and have them put the LEDs on it.

There is definitely a price you pay for some illumination in your life.........

O

odominguez

ThirdthumB said:
odominguez said:

There is definitely a price you pay for some illumination in your life.........

That's why so many people prefer to stick with God for illumination.

Top Bottom