Warwick goes Classic Vintage - meet the new Warwick Streamer CV!

Reaction score
The popular Warwick Streamer Series is expanding with a new model in 2013 - the Streamer CV (Classic Vintage). The main goal of developing the Streamer CV was to combine modern precision with features of the past.

load.php

The ergonomically shaped body of the Streamer CV is made of lightweight US swamp ash. The one piece Maple neck fretted version comes with a Rosewood fretboard, and the fretless version offers a Tigerstripe Ebony fretboard. Of course the 21 Jumbo Bronze frets get installed and perfectly dressed with Warwick’s innovative Invisible Fret Technology®.

The Warwick Streamer CV is equipped with passive electronics and passive MEC J/J pickups. Along with dot inlays on the fretboard, the illuminated side dots help to stay orientated on the fretboard even on dark stages. This bass is available in Natural Oil, Coloured Oil or High Polish finish. According to the personal choice of colour, the Streamer CV comes with a Cream coloured (for dark finishes) or a Black coloured pickguard (for bright finishes). This model is only available as four string, fretted or fretless and right or left-handed.

[video=youtube;hHe6i_OkUhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHe6i_OkUhQ[/video]

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
Great sound! and it pretty much fills the only tone-gap warwick had (passive 21 fret softwood body). I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be seeing RB and Pro versions of thes ere long.
Actually seeing as wick now have a J bass killer, why not a maple board option or one with a P-pup.....might as well smash that one as well :)

Reaction score
Augie - This was custom made for Adam Clayton and, with the exception of the maple board, is just what you are asking for!

0214SX3915CZASHAWW_01.jpg

Reaction score
Passive bass & treble knobs!
Sounds great but I'm now curious how they work.
They must be only cut and not boost?

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Instead of making a Jazz Bass copy -like even Spector is doing since few years back, to sell basses I guess- Warwick came up with its own version of what a Jazz Bass should be, and that´s great. Nice move, guys. TBH, it "feels" weird to se a ´wick with pickguard, but this bass needs to have one to achieve that "vintage" look.

And the "daphne blue" looks awesome, too. (I´m surprised with myself that I actually like that colour ;) )

"The main goal of developing the Streamer CV was to combine modern precision with features of the past." Well put, we all know 7ender is living in the past.

Reaction score
In my opinion Warwick has succeeded where many fail. They have created a beautiful combination of body shape, colours and pickquard shape. The look is very pleasing to my eyes and that is quite rare with new products. Great job, Warwick!!

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
This is one four string I'd consider owning.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
This bass has nothing that is similar to a Jazz Bass imho. I wonder how you guys came up with that idea?

What it actually does sound like is a passive streamer, which is not nearly capable of sounding anything like a Jazz Bass (JB are a lot less smooth and more clunky sounding with a bit of ugly snarling going on in the higher mids that you'd rather EQ out on your amp). 8:

Hurray for this Classic Streamer. I really dig it! Warwick tone for the passive purist. It's a wonderful world.

Augie

The Desert Bass-ape
Reaction score
This bass has nothing that is similar to a Jazz Bass imho. I wonder how you guys came up with that idea?

Gotta disagree with you there! Very similar to a Jazz bass. Ash body (like GOOD jazz's), maple 1 piece neck, rosewood board, passive single coils in the standard jazz position, 21 frets, passive electronics. All of these features are very much like a jazz, and not typically associated with warwick.
Although they also probably have no nasty bite to the top end, a comfy body and reliable construction which aren't typically Jazz things, but its an improvement on, no copy of.

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
Gotta disagree with you there! Very similar to a Jazz bass. Ash body (like GOOD jazz's), maple 1 piece neck, rosewood board, passive single coils in the standard jazz position, 21 frets, passive electronics. All of these features are very much like a jazz, and not typically associated with warwick.
Although they also probably have no nasty bite to the top end, a comfy body and reliable construction which aren't typically Jazz things, but its an improvement on, no copy of.

Ding ding ding!

lasteffect

Forum Nudist
Reaction score
Also the Passive Bass and Treble controls are something Spector has been using on their Preformer series. I should know, I owned one.

Reaction score
great idea, great instrument! like it very much!!!
but take it back and rename it to "cv I" plus do a p-version, name it "cv II" and rule the bassworld warwick:)
this would be a great contrast to the streamer stage I & II and would make the whole streamer family perfect actually!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score

Did you even listen to that video by Andy Irvine?
It sounds like a Streamer, which it is.

But its fine with me, I like the new model anyway. I also like my Jazz, which has an ash body plus maple neck and sounds entirely different from what I heard in the Irvine vid.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
As a SSII / streamer LX fanboy, I can tell you two things. I played them for so long that I even have dreams with their sounds, and the CV is pretty different. I have to play one myself to be able to have an oppinion, but it does have a certain Jazz Bass vibe to my ears. Marcusmillerish :)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Whichever the case, it seems like a great bass at an attractive price among the other Wicks.

lasteffect

Forum Nudist
Reaction score
I'm not questioning the tone. Just the approach of its construction. Tonally, I think it sounds cool. Different, but cool.

ead

Reaction score
Thread resurrection time...

Just acquired a CV4, and very nice it is too. I have the natural finish and think a black pickguard will sit better than the creme version fitted. Are these available as spare parts?

Top Bottom