Warwick Forum Virtual Meetups

Virtual meetings yay or nay?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No way. I am too shy

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don't like beer but may listen in even if I am shy and keeping my camera off

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Since the pandemic, I think everyone by now knows how to organize or join virtual meetings.

So yesterday while chatting with Henry, we got this idea of using this modern medium to maybe meet up in the virtual world.
Have a couple of beers, maybe some bass playing/demoing going live and have lots of laughs together.

We could use Facebook Messenger rooms for this. People who want to join in do not need a Facebook account, only the person setting up the room does.

All you need is a laptop/smartphone or a webcam on your pc. Me I have my bass pre's D.I. output hooked up 24/7 to the soundcard but any amp near a webcam mic will do. Let's not get too technical.

I think the forum regulars can organize this very easily, a live room is set up in 2 minutes time.
The idea of talking live with guys like Hardy, Henry, Nacho for instance seems cool to me. Maybe we can even get our managers Florin and Hector involved.

What do you guys think? Ready to meet the faces you've been talking to in ASCII for the past years?
Or are we too shy...

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Good Idea methinks. Just need to find the right time spot. ANd the right equipment. Otherwise I'll come with jokes and no bass. :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I'm in - whada you have some leading questions there
> I'm shy
> I don't like beer
You don't give us a choice :D

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
LOL good point. Tongue-in-cheek tho, the regular grain o' salt.

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I think @DiMarco is pushing us to #1 HELL YEAH :rolleyes: volunteers please!!
I'm shy too, though like a beer (as long as it's a Trappiste @ 10° :D)

Reaction score
very shy too, but above all, unable to express myself correctly in English without google translate !!! :oops::eek::confused:

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Listen, I'm only into Warwicks as a way to possibly have a sofa to sleep on if my wife and I ever make it to Europe. Luv u guys!

Plus, I just assume you all look like Hardy. Or DiMarco. Or a cross between the two.

Also, you've all seen me. Nothing to hide here :rolleyes:
H1.jpg

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Listen, I'm only into Warwicks as a way to possibly have a sofa to sleep on if my wife and I ever make it to Europe. Luv u guys!

Plus, I just assume you all look like Hardy. Or DiMarco. Or a cross between the two.

Also, you've all seen me. Nothing to hide here :rolleyes:
View attachment 22843
Dusty Hill ?? :cool::)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
While testing Facebook Messenger rooms, it turned out the audio quality is really bad.
So after discussing some with Nacho, I found Google Meet (formerly Hangouts Meet) - Free Video Meetings
Google Meet is free to use without any session time restrictions until June 2021. After that the free version will allow 1 hour max.

I don't like Zoom because they keep recordings to do fck knows what with so we tested Google Meet.
Hardy chimed in, so did Nacho. Things are looking great so far! You need nothing but your browser to use Google Meet so no extra software required.

All we need now is a date and time. I think around 20:00 in the evening will be best? Friday? Saturday? Let's do this.

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
While testing Facebook Messenger rooms, it turned out the audio quality is really bad.
So after discussing some with Nacho, I found Google Meet (formerly Hangouts Meet) - Free Video Meetings
Google Meet is free to use without any session time restrictions until June 2021. After that the free version will allow 1 hour max.

I don't like Zoom because they keep recordings to do fck knows what with so we tested Google Meet.
Hardy chimed in, so did Nacho. Things are looking great so far! You need nothing but your browser to use Google Meet so no extra software required.

All we need now is a date and time. I think around 20:00 in the evening will be best? Friday? Saturday? Let's do this.
Friday would be cool - this Friday?? :cool:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I am out. Not in the fucking mood.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I´m in mood but have another online meeting on Friday. Politics, yeah!!! Ohhh....

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
LOL. We need more people if we want this to be the party it can be.

Top Bottom