Warwick Forum Jam #1

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
Its my RB StreamerLX, recorded clean into sonar producer 7. There I used the Pod FarmVST and used a little compression, the eighties bass amp mod and the bass overdrive for a little extra grit. All I had to listen to it on is my sony headphones which always sound a little bassy to me, so I really don't know how it actually turned out. I hope it sounds ok. If not, let me know whats wrong with the sound and I will try fixing it. The advantage of recording it clean, I can pretty much do whatever I want to it at this point.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
It sounds fine on my stereo, I wouldn't change anything with the sound. I hope we see more contributions soon. :)

Reaction score
This is the coolest idea since someone decided to stop putting Sean-Claude Van Damme in movies!!
Count me in! I dabble in drums a bit, and I know that things are getting more confusing the further this idea gets, but I could put up some b*tchin drum beats and a few fills. Great idea, right?

No. That's a terrible idea hahaha. But I'm gonna start tonight on recording some sample bass tracks and see what comes out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Here's my bit without the backing track...

Attachments

• WJL noback - Gastrok.mp3
    628.7 KB · Views: 247

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The loop MP3 can't be imported into Nuendo. Any other MP3 can.

Negyuh

total winker ;-)
Reaction score
Ah i just listened to your contribution Randy, what was the inspiration? the woman with the three breasts?

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
And thanks guys ... I tried it with my fingers but it sounded better picked. Just a thought, but I think the reason Jester might not have picked up on Gastroks jam having been played with a pick because G played it pretty straight where I used a fairly heavy palm mute. Im glad to hear it sounded ok, was worried about that since Im not very familiar yet with my headphones.

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
Ah i just listened to your contribution Randy, what was the inspiration? the woman with the three breasts?

Haha no ... my only inspiration was getting jester to shut up .. hahahahaha Seriously, jester was pretty insistent and I told him I would so really that was my inspiration; keeping my word to Jester. I am pretty rusty, haven't even really played my bass in over a year, so Im not really happy with my entry, but I got it done. Im actually looking forward to the next beat.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
The reason I would like to hear as many contributions as possible, is that I feel you can "learn" a lot about other people just from hearing their playing. :d

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
I hope you didn't take my post wrong, I was joking. Just playing with you. I agree, you can learn something about a person by their playing style. Also I agree the more the merrier. Seriously, I was just pulling your leg a little, if my post offended you in anyway, Im sorry.

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
heh...had a bit of a flu da last couple of dayz but I sincerely promise to post my thingy today (or tomorrow)...I already got da basic idea recorded on my phone last nite, now all I need is to find sum time to record it on my compy...:lol:

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
sorry, broke da promise...been busy all day trying to 'repair' da car...my daughter just got her drivers license.....need a new tyre now and da doorz won't open anymore ....:confused:
gave it up late in da afternoon and bought another (second hand of course, da cheapest I could find)....8:

gonna try to record sumtin tomorrow....;)

Reaction score
Hey guys hope i am not too late... here it is.8:

Attachments

• warwickdazzla.mp3
    288.5 KB · Views: 249
Top Bottom