Warwick forum admin team down by one - Thanks for everything Jeff!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Jeff has left our little team of admins & moderators.

What Jeff has done for us is make the forum a much safer place, adding tons of features that cause spammers and hax0rs to largely fail in their attempts. He also played a big part in the upgrading of the vBulletin forum software, with me upgrading the overall look and feel of the forum to more modern standards and Florin being in charge of all decision making and handling any contact with Warwick personnel and the web server admins.

The decision Jeff made to step down as a forum admin as far as we know has nothing to do with the forum itself or its members. Jeff no longer plays any Warwick instruments and simply has better things to do with his spare time and at his new job.

Jeff might return as a Warwick playing bass monster some day although he is currently unaware of this. We will still be here welcoming him with open arms when he does.

Thanks for all the tech and moderation help buddy, and also for being a friend. Don't be a stranger now ya hear?!

Cheers, Marco

Reaction score
thats always sad, if a longyear member and admin will gone..but thats life.
Dear JEff, I want to Thank you very much for your help and spended worktime here and i wish you all the best for your future. Hope that we see you from time to time here and don't forget this community ;) (even as a Fender player.. ;) )

Best wishes and regards
Antonio

Reaction score
Thanks for everything Jeff, best of luck for the future 8:

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I love Señor Jeff, even if he is not playing Warwick. He is a great fella.

Best of luck. 8:

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Many thanks to Jeff for everything that he's done for this forum. So long friend, hope to see you from time to time.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
O.K., only Florin as admin is not a solution, he surely needs a second admin. No one else interested?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hardy, why don't you try? :) I admit I was a bit away lately, try to stay more offline. Closed my fb account and page as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hardy, why don't you try? :) I admit I was a bit away lately, try to stay more offline. Closed my fb account and page as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I have too many responsibilities already. And you should not carry the whole load either!

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
I'd gladly help out, but I've pissed off too many people here over the years LOL

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I'd gladly help out, but I've pissed off too many people here over the years LOL

It´s not the task of an admin to be polite! For the "good vibe zone" feeling we have other users. Like... FUNNYBOT!!!

boston asphalt2

Reaction score
It´s not the task of an admin to be polite! For the "good vibe zone" feeling we have other users. Like... FUNNYBOT!!!

In all seriousness, I would gladly help out. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot needed here, as the forum community is rather small and tight knit, but just having a second person who can be a watchful eye in case crap goes south is never a bad thing.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
I've offered my help many times. I'd still be happy to do it. I have experience setting up/maintaining/administering vBulletin forums.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I offered myself once... guess nobody took it as a serious offer...:roll:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Someone did, for several of you guys.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
That sounds great guys, wow!!!
This forum needs a technical admin, and 1-2 moderators to keep the news coming the news that matter to us, bassplayers, of course.
So let's do it! Chris, Graham, Nacho, where would you like to help?

boston asphalt2

Reaction score
Flo, whichever requires less technical skill. Not that I can't figure it out (I figured out how to convince a woman to marry me!), but if there is a super technical position, that would be better suited to a more technical person.

So I'm guessing moderator would make most sense for me :)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Chris can fill in the technical bit as he knows his way around vbulletin. There's a bug that sometimes sets a member's mode back to a status where an e-mail has to be confirmed. Moving that member to the "registered members" group fixes the problem. Also cleaning up the databases can keep performance neat and little issues from popping up.

Any real moderation is hardly ever required, but sometimes a spammer gets through or stuff gets posted double or out of place. Cleaning up the for sale section is done sometimes, moving sold items to the archive section.

Killing trolls and spammers is much easier when you can swing the banhammer with force btw.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
"Yeah, gimme moderators! More! More! They taste like chicken!

Sincerely yours
FunnyBot"

Top Bottom