Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Warwick Endorsement

Discussion in 'Maddrakkett's Caffe' started by warwickdread, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Vuk

Vuk Dr. Evil

yeah, me too ;)

2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes dreams come true. Keep us posted Vuk!

3. Vuk

Vuk Dr. Evil

I sure hope so. I will do my best :)

Now, i'd like to ask you, or any endorser a couple of things, after reading the Endorser FAQ's.

"A deciding factor for an endorsement is your media exposure!" says Warwick.
    -What kind of media exposure are they talking about? i mean, should i have some articles on internet written already about my band, besides myspace page? I just don't understand the criteria, and I doubt that it's easy to earn to be an endorser, because in that case, everybody here would be one. I'm sorry for being somewhat unapprehensive, but if you have the nerves, please explain me if you can :)

4. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

Hey guys.
    I thought it best to merge the 2 threads about endorsement,into 1.
    Hope ya's dont mind.

5. MaxOnBass

MaxOnBass The Chatbox Troll

by media exposure they mean appearances on TV, radio and such (I think).. The base should be a lot of high profile gigs and some mass media coverage.

6. Vuk

Vuk Dr. Evil

uh-huh, okay. it's a difficult road (you know this well Max,we're from same country), but i sure hope that one day i will be honored by this.

7. Doog

Doog

I have 4 wicks, and 2 RB's, oh and a jean jacket. Does that qualify me? Actually I want to endorse Black Velvet, as long as I get free booze. :d

8. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

That Squire aint gonna help ya get endorsed lad.
    You promised us pics of the christmas Thumb.
    So make with the pics.

9. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

Endorser or not, I'm hooked. The other brands bassguitars I have access to have been collecting dust ever since I got my Thumb and Dolphin.
    On another forum I read "Warwick basses are overrated, you can get the same tone from any cheap Fender or even a Squier" - this actually made me giggle. Apples & oranges baby.

Yeah I'm a fan. So what? IMO this is the same as being an endorser. Live it, breathe it, play it. That's what it's all about.

10. TylerDurdenPSSC

TylerDurdenPSSC

They only hate because they don't want to admit to teh awez um nesss

11. itsalljustaride

itsalljustaride

hahaha. While I don't doubt there are other brands of bass that can approximate the Warwick tone...Fenders and Squiers are not them. You're still going to end up paying similar prices for a "Warwick-like" tone though, so why not get the real deal if that's what you're looking for?

I haven't played a bass yet that completely matches my Thumb in tone and playability. Sure I've played others that I like for one reason or another, but I liked them for different reasons. Like you said, apples and oranges.

12. Sebastiano Rizzo

Sebastiano Rizzo

Hello to everyone :D
    I was looking to the new site and I've seen that the "artist" page have been divided in signature artist/artist/musician..so, here's my question: what are the differences between artist and musician? What should I do to be a Warwick musician?
    I'm a big fan of Warwick -like all of us in this forum :D - and all the friends of mine say that I'm Warwick addicted, so I just want to be part of the family, even if I know I won't be an endorser because my bands (or me) aren't big enough to ask for endorsement..nor I'm looking for discount, I think I have enough basses at the moment :lol:

13. One Bad Monkey

One Bad Monkey

Sebastian, I'd be curious to find that out as well as I think it's a new category up on the website. I really miss the old site that had the endorsement page that had a list of questions that you needed to answer as well as a list of links to provide to be considered for a Warwick endorsement.

14. Sebastiano Rizzo

Sebastiano Rizzo

I know, I still miss it too..And I didn't copy the list, shame on me :( But I still remember enough to know I'm far to become endorser :p

15. One Bad Monkey

One Bad Monkey

If I actually thought that, I would've never submitted an application for consideration but I still "made the cut." It's about more than just playing gigs.

16. Curtis

Curtis Editor De Bassist magazine (NL)

I think everybody will know a bit wat will be required before you get a deal. Things like an album out on a label, playing your own big shos in your country or abroad, radio/television, articles in magazines... or maybe a few of those.

17. One Bad Monkey

One Bad Monkey

Curtis, I'd say a few of those; at the time of my endorsement, I had none of those criterion with exception of gigging 200+ times a year. I'm a theatre musician; most of my gigs are under a stage or behind a curtain so no one really sees me. I also play at church on Sunday, and at the time of my endorsement, only wrote articles on my own blog site. I got an endorsement.

In this day and age, your social media presence will have as much of an impact as actual playing dates. If you have a lot of followers and you regularly share pictures of your gear or like talking about it, that will have an impact. If you have a lot of videos on YouTube with the gear that get subscribers and regular views, that will have an impact. If you are easy to work with, that will have an impact. All of those things I just mentioned have little to do with notoriety and fame, but I would say have been crucial in getting some of my other endorsements.

There can be a lot more for consideration than just whether you have an album and are on tour.

18. Curtis

True, it can be some or all the things I said but of course it can be very different for pro players in theaters and so.

19. Sebastiano Rizzo

Sebastiano Rizzo

Thanks Curtis and One Bad Monkey :)
    Well, at the moment I don't consider myself ready for an endorsement..the point is: what's the differences between a Warwick artist and a Warwick musician? Maybe it's easier to be a musician or the "to do list" is the same?
    Those are just considerations, maybe they can be useful to other bass players in the same situation

20. Curtis

I think we're all Warwick artists and musicians here... Maybe they should call it endorser?