Warwick CL/CCL combo - talk to me people.

Reaction score
So I'm moving back to London in September, and won't be able to take my big Ashdown rig along with me (I'll keep it here for gigs and stuff, and if it ever proves to be profitable I'll ship it over or something) but since I will be studying again, I probably won't need a huge 6x10 600w stack :mrgreen:

But I will need something small and light and powerful for practising, gigs and the like.

I was thinking Markbass, GK and looking at these combos too.

How do the CL and CCL combos stack up? What are the features like, what do they sound like? They seem pretty portable (I will be dragging it around on public transport a fair bit, so it will need to be pretty tough).

Volume wise? I play lots of different thing but power metal will be one of them, would it be good to use on a stage with PA support?

Thanks!

Reaction score
My bass teacher has been using one for years,he's a pro & gigs it a few times a week & uses it in his lessons without any trouble at all,he swears by it.

Reaction score
Mark Bass combos are very light and VERY powerful, but more expensive than the CL/CCL. If I was going to buy again, I would at least try out the CL/CCL as I reckon they could be a good alternative!

Reaction score
I see... anyone else here use the CL or CCL at all? In what circumstances? Did they work well for gigs? Are they tough enough to withstand being dragged about on buses and stuff?

Sound-wise, I'm not too concerned, I'll just try them out for that. I'm wondering about the other stuff.

Reaction score
florin has one and he loves it. i think he dropped his down the stairs also and it was fine...

Reaction score
I use a CCL for my County band. It works really fine ! I just don't like the punchy mids of the NEO-Speakers, but I can easyly mix up my prefered sound with the EQ of this Combo. The shape is a bit bulky. On the other hand it is verry usefull that it is somewhere between wedge- and Combo-Shape. The weight is ok to carry down to the Tube, but I wouldn't likt to carry it on a precipitous stair ;-). But it is a 250 Watts-trolley, and I think you won't find a better solution, quite easy for a 250 Watts-combo, easy to use because of the trolley, powerfull enough for small gigs (especially if you can find a SUB III that fits to this amp ;-) ).

In total: It is not like Glockenklang-Stuff that I usually use, but it's really handy and usefull, I like mine, and I would buy it again :)

Reaction score
i love the weight - 27kg for 250 watt is awesome. the only thing that is not that great is that the trolley function seems to be made for very small people. the stakes (is that the right word) are very short and so i have to go ducked when i draw it after me.

Top Bottom