Warwick BLue Cab 60

Reaction score
I am going to buy an amp in the 200-300 dollar price range, and I was considering the Behringer Ultrabass 300 watt amp. But after reading reviews, I lost interest. I want a good quality amp, so I am considering the Warwick Blue Cab 60. I am not sure if it will have enough power for small gigs and practice with my band.

Reaction score
what kind of music do you play? for a not-too-loud band 60w is OK, in other cases you won't really hear yourself. I mean if you play rock-metal, than 200w is the minimum. A lowmid boost can also get tons of volume.
Also remember that the amp is mostly only for you (and for your bandmates on stage), the audience will also hear the bass from the PA.

Reaction score
+1 on Matt... we need a few more details on type of music, and what the rest of the band are playing (through Marshall stacks?). Will you be goign through a PA or backline only?

Reaction score
AqueousView11 said:
We play classic rock and the guitarist uses a 30 watt Marshall amp

Hm it shouldn't be too bad.

But perhaps it's a bit better to gather up some more cash and get something at least 150-ish watts. Bass needs far more power than guitars, low frequencies are more difficult to amplify well.

Reaction score
Yes - avoid the Behringher like the plague. Some of their stuff is ok but the bass amp is a boob!

Maybe look at a second hand rig...you'll probably get better gear that way and most of us tend to look after kit :wink:

I'd second Saxon's 150 Watt min - if you gig in a marquee for instance, they can absolutely swallow volume!!

I'd say buy the best rig you can possibly afford - it's better to have more power and run without distortion than do a gig and blow the poop out of it.

Invest in gear for the future, not for today.

G

Florin

OG
Reaction score
This combo is good for home study, I'd never use it in a band context. I say that you should use at least 250 W power...
If your guitarist is using 30V amp, then 150 will be ok for you, as TK said. But on long term, try something louder. Cheers, Flo

Reaction score
Gman said:
Yes - avoid the Behringher like the plague. Some of their stuff is ok but the bass amp is a boob!

in defence of the behringer bass stuff...i used my 120watt combo for years and it always worked well. did festivals and other good sized gigs with it. it doesnt have flawless sound though but since when did any reletivly cheap combo have good sound?

Reaction score
What would be an example of a 150+ watt combo amp(or cheap stack) in the 200-400 dollar range?

Reaction score
If you want quality in your price range you will either have to get something 100 watts or less which is IMO too small unless at home practicing - A ratio I've seen before and think it sounds close is 4:1 for guitar so if your guitarist is 30 you should have around 120 - Problem is your guitarist may get a new amp at some point - My vote is for at least 150 watts -

Reaction score
The 4:1 ratio is a very sensible way to go.Bass needs at least 4 times the power of the guitar,unless,you play a Thumb bass,in which case,you'll impress before you even plug in. :wink:

Reaction score
One other thing to watch out for...
If there is a facility for an extension cab, you may not get the full power out of the combo until you plug in the extension.
If you have something like 200 watts into 4ohms, it'll probably have an 8ohm speaker in the cab, so you'll get something like 120 watts -then you have to add another 8ohm cab to get the full power. I'm never too sure on these things... so tell me if I'm wrong!
A lot of the lower power amps, like 100 watts, don't seem to have an extension cab out anyway!

Top Bottom