Warwick Bass Compressor

JPT

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
or preamp incl. compressor..

Last edited:
Reaction score
that looks complicated. it be cool if warwick did one tho.

Reaction score
I think it'd be more beneficial to make a dual-band compressor rather than a stereo one, controlling the lows and hi's individually. Put that in a rackmount with all the controls of the above mentioned, and I'd buy it!

Reaction score
Maybe in conjunction with some kind of cross-over, but... as far as I can tell from looking at it, not on its own no.

Reaction score
That's great! Just remember to give me SOME credit for the idea ;)

Mr.Demeter

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
I think it's an ab-soul-utely great idea !!!

And while you're there Jeroen, tell the dudes that it would also be nice to think about a Warwick DI/preamp pedal - sort of like a sansamp - but maybe based on the hellborg preamp :) a kind of portable little thingie :)
i would definitely buy one of those :)

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
Yeah, a small outboard preamp with a "growl" knob on it... Based on the Xtreme head.

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Something like this:

119452.jpg

Headphone amp/DI box/10W power amp , runs on 2x9V batteries...
Warwick makes something like this, I'm all over it! :)

Oh, and it has to have a Glowing W... :twisted:

Reaction score
How about warwick effect pedals?
I'd love to see a pedal that is specifically designed to enhance the oh so famous and loved Warwick growl. Maybe a rackmountable OD channel?

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Jeroen, a replacement for the quadruplet is indeed a splendid idea!

Reaction score
Warwick compressor?

I'd hit it. I have a little Aphex Punch Factory compressor now, which is very nice but a bit too simplistic. I'd like something with a little more tweakability (but not anything like the cockpit of a 767, thanks :lol: )

Something to compete with the SansAmp BDDI would also be cool, a little preamp/DI box.

I think Warwick are in a unique position to come out with some fantastic effects/related products specifically for bass. They're one of the few companies I can think of that provide for the bass player at every single level, from strings to amps to cabs so this seems like a natural progression.

Reaction score
mmm thanks jan for reminding my that the bass buddy still exists and i still lack one....:(

i have a pjb flight case and love the sound so i can only imagine that is amazing...i really like the built in compressor as well simply yet highly effective imo.

and yes if warwick made one i wouldn't think twice about getting it.

damn now i'm really concidering getting a bass buddy now.....DAMN YOU JAN AND YOUR INSIGHTFUL AND HIGHLY CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENT!!

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Callum said:
DAMN YOU JAN AND YOUR INSIGHTFUL AND HIGHLY CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENT!!

My Pleasure!
I am a GAS expert after all! :twisted:

Reaction score
Callum said:
mmm thanks jan for reminding my that the bass buddy still exists and i still lack one....:(

i have a pjb flight case and love the sound so i can only imagine that is amazing...i really like the built in compressor as well simply yet highly effective imo.

and yes if warwick made one i wouldn't think twice about getting it.

damn now i'm really concidering getting a bass buddy now.....DAMN YOU JAN AND YOUR INSIGHTFUL AND HIGHLY CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENT!!

You have a PJB Flightcase?You already have the Bass Buddy in your Flightcases eq. :wink:

Top Bottom