Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Warwick Amp Cherry Popped!

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by Genral Specific, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Genral Specific

Genral Specific

Holy Cow! I usually spend my time in the Bass forums, having been completely happy with my Mesa/Boogie 400+ that I have been using for years. As of November of 2009, I have become an official Warwick dealer through Hanser here in the USA. I bought about 5 of the new Profet heads to try and sell. I sold one 5.2 the same day that they arrived in the mail. I deliver the amp to the guy while his band was rehearsing so he could test drive it. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! This amp is absolutely the greatest sounding amp I have ever heard at any price. I cannot believe that this 500 watt solid state amp is louder and sounds better than any all tube Ampeg or Mesa! How do they do it! I am selling my Mesa next week and buying one for myself. It is a shame Warwick has waited to long to sell these in the USA. They are on another level (just like the instruments). I cannot wait to try the 15" cabinets!

2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Thanks man for the review :)

3. noodles

noodles

The Profet 5.2 is the shiznit!
    I have it going into a Warwick 1x12 neo cab and it has the potential to be stupidly loud and extremely clear.

4. moistdesert

moistdesert

You'll probably die of excitement if you heard the TubePath 10.1. This amp eats Ampegs and Mesas for breakfast:twisted:

5. rusty

rusty Fatburger bassist

+1 on the tubepath. i use a profet 5.2 at work to test new basses with the warwick 610 cab & it blows my mind every time i plug it in! talk about loud!!! and clear. For the price, you cant beat the profet range. Great bang for the buck!

Rusty

6. Gusts

Gusts

Is it just me? Because at some point it seems that W would take over the world one day?
    +1 on the Tubepath issue.

=g=

7. boebl

boebl

Nothing better than a tubepath ;)
    Never heard a profet myself - read a lot of reviews though. Must be a great amp! Nevertheless, start selling some tubepaths and x-tremes before you get a JH preamp. You know, just the get prepared a little.
    Considering you are THAT excited by a profet, the hellborg will instantly kill you ;)