Warwick 5 strings bases need tapered strings ?

LX

Reaction score
I think i'm not the only one, who would be satisfied with a bit more information of what you mean.

Or am i ?!

Do you mean that the ??tailpiece?? hasn't got enough space for some thick strings?

Reaction score
Yes, they need tapered strings, meaning the low B will be really thin until after it's at the break point on the second piece of the bridge.

Reaction score
LX said:
I think i'm not the only one, who would be satisfied with a bit more information of what you mean.

Or am i ?!

Do you mean that the ??tailpiece?? hasn't got enough space for some thick strings?

One solution is to widen your tailpiece using a fine rat tail file,its a common modification amongst us 5 string owners.That way your bass can use both tapered & non-tapered strings. :wink:

LX

Reaction score
The other way would be, that you order the new, modified tailpiece from Warwick...it will cost you nothing, i did it myself.

Reaction score
LX said:
The other way would be, that you order the new, modified tailpiece from Warwick...it will cost you nothing, i did it myself.

cheers mate,I didnt know i could get a free tail piece,thats excatly what i'm gonna do,thanks.

greg. :D

LX

Reaction score
You're welcome, my friend :)

But it could be, that i got it 4 free cause i'm here in good ol' germany...hopefully not, eh? :wink:
Anyway...it won't be that expensive, i think

O

odominguez

Rob Busch (Tech for Warwick USA) published something about this on the american Warwick website a while ago. It gives you alternate options on how to make this work for you.

Click on this link to find the answer to your question:

Good luck.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
I presume that new Warwicks wear the modified tailpiece that can accomodate both tapered and non-tapered strings, right?

O

odominguez

Tapered Strings on a Warwick 5-strings!

jester said:
I presume that new Warwicks wear the modified tailpiece that can accomodate both tapered and non-tapered strings, right?
Hello Jester,

Warwick makes tapered strings, therefore their bridges have tapered saddles. This is only a problem for the B-string of a 5-string or a 6-string bass when you have non-tapered strings. If you need to use non-tapered strings on your 5 or 6 strings bass, I strongly suggest you look at my previous post. Another important thing to take into account when deciding whether to use tapered strings or not on a warwick bass, is that because of the saddle construction itself, a non-tapered B string might fall off the saddle, while tapered strings provide a stronger connection with the tailpiece itself, since they fall right inside the saddle.

Good luck.

Top Bottom