WA 600 : question compressor and LED gain

Reaction score
hello,

I have received my new amp warwick WA600 and I test it with the WCA211pro + WCA115pro and my Corvette $$ 5 string.

I have 2 questions :

I wonder what is the function of the LED near the knob GAIN? It stays always switched on green. If I boost the GAIN, I never seen this LED changed of color. Usually this LED is the CLIP LED but on this amp, I think that it is not the case.
The owner's manual doesn't describe this LED.

Concerning the compressor, it is realy more efficient than with the amp porfet 3.2. (it's a good thing!)
But with the compression to the signal, I hear a light fuzz. The compression is realy applied but the sound is distorded.
Also when the compressor LED turns on RED, I can hear a "Pic" on the speakers.
It's damage because it gives a very great sound. It's a real pleasure on slapping but I would like a clean signal.
I wonder if this point is normal, I hoped to have a big clean sound with this amp but if i cannot used the compressor, I will be so disapointed.

Maybe, I don't know set it correctly.

Thank much for your reponses and sorry for my english. I will try to post a test more detailed of this head in few weeks.

Reaction score
nobody? Am I the first buyer of this amp head? not possible!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
He Jako,

As far as I know, here in the forum no one else has bought a WA600/300 head. Maybe Florin or Dirk could give you more info on that. But as you may know, right now is the Musikmesse going on in Frankfurt, and you may have to wait for an accurate technical answer from them.

Have you tried writing an email to the Warwick staff?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Hi Jako,

The LED near the GAIN should clip in red when it is too much. Maybe the compressor it keeps the signal where it should be....
Compressor - it is normal for any compressor (except some really high end and expensive ones) to deteriorate the sound. The secret is to use really little compression, so when you play normally the sound is uncompressed, so the compressor kicks in only when you play harder
Cheers,

Flo

Reaction score
hello,

Thank for your answers.

I have obtained the LED GAIN in red with the configuration following :
bass Corvette $$ in active mode, volume max.
plugged on passive input on the amp and the GAIN near the max.
It's strange, On other amps tested, the clipping is not difficult to obtain with warwick bass. Is this normal?

In usual configuration (active bass plugged on active input) to set the gain, It must set the compressor in same time to avoid the clipping of the compressor.

I have spend a lot of time to set the GAIN and the compressor, I think to have find the correct setting.
The compressor LED doesn't clip with my finger play and it flashes RED during slapping mode.
This gives a great power and good color in the sound of the bass. I'm very happy. I have found the attack and punch that I searched.
In more, the EQ is efficient and gives much differents sound at the signal.

Thank again.

Top Bottom