Unwanted Overdrive with Boss GT-B

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting a good amp modeling effect with my Boss GT-6B. I have a Corvette Standard 5. I think the preamp on the bass is a little much for the GT-6B. I get overdrive at varous points and I don't want the unwanted stuff. I just want a touch of SVT sound and stuff.

Any advice? Is there a way to tone down the bass pre-amp?

Is there a better modeling unit that this will not happen with?

Help!

Reaction score
I bought a Line6 PODxt for recording and late night practice and i also experience this sort of problem. it seems the signal for the warwick is a little too hot for the pod, even with the -15db switch engaged. the pod works fine with my musicman basses which are very hot, and this seems odd.
I now don't use my POD so much, as I'm always too busy, but it seems a shame. I guess there might be some form of "powerbrake" in pedal form out there, to cool the signal of basses.
I wonder how basses with 18v or 24v Preamps cope!!!
I like the POD even though it sounded a bit too digital.

the only thing i might suggest king david, is to sell the GT6B and buy a real SVT 8) 8)

Reaction score
Yeah, I could by an SVT in a few years, but I play mainly into a PA system. I am just not a big fan of going directly into a direct box. It sound naked or something without the tube like sound.

Reaction score
i suggest the ampeg SVT DI box. this is very warm and tubey, probably the sort of thing your looking for. you could sell your GT-6B and but the SVT box easy!! would give a warwick a ton of grunt in the DI signal!! 8)

Reaction score
Or my favourite, the EBS MicroBass II preamp, that's a killer.

And BTW I bought a Boss GT 6-B yesterday but haven't really tried it yet :lol:

Reaction score
Mala, check out the 'Slow Strings' patch. You may want to turn off the distortion on it, but it is designed tosound like a bowed bass. I don't use it much, but it is very cool. I also like the 2x2 chorus. I believ it is a chorus for the top and a separate one for the bottom.

I always wanted to find a good use for the octave and /or the harmonizer effect, but I cound not get a good sound.

I pretty much use it for the pre-amp, chorus, tuner, and volume pedal. The rest is mostly just for show.

The rotary vibrato is cool. You can tewak the volume pedal to use it to adjust various paramaters of an effect you are using.

I would say the GT-6B is better as an effect pedal than a pre-amp. I sold a Sansamp, chorus, tuner, and eq to get it. It was worth it, but with the Warwick I have much more trouble with it overdriving. I hope you do not have that trouble.

Reaction score
GT6-B Overdrive

Yeah, I had the same thing with my thumb bass... I think the problem is that the modelled amps have a default gain setting for a passive bass, or at least an active one with a low output...

just turn the gain down on the modelled amp channels you are using and all will be fine :D

G*

Reaction score
Well, I found some cool sounds, it's very easy to get tired of to "spaced" sounds. And I prefer to play fretless instead of using the bowed sound, but - nice toy 8)

Top Bottom