Understanding a Wamp 800

Reaction score
I am new to playing bass and amps so forgive me if I ask silly questions.

I have some questions regarding a Wamp 800.

I run it in combination with a Gallien Krüger Neo 212. Which is able to do Biamping

Now the Wamp can do this too. I assume I just need to figure out how to put a 4 pin speakon cable onto the Wamp right?

Attached you find a picture of the back of the cabinet.

Second question:

Can someone explain to me the differences between bridge, stereo and Biamping regarding the settings on the amp?

For example if I put it in bridge mode I assume line in is only via Mono/A input right?

Third question:

If I put in something on line in I should also be able to put in the base and hear it playing?

Thanks you very much for reading and thinking about my noob questions :)

Attachments

• signal-2024-03-13-15-45-54-627.jpg
    signal-2024-03-13-15-45-54-627.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 8

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The WAMP is a stereo head, the bi-wiring on your cab is for separating the horn and woofer signals. Two different things really.
As a horn hardly needs any power (filter removes most of it) I would not bi-wire between the amp and cab in this case, you would be wasting a lot of the amp's power.

Reaction score
Understood. Thanks
Ok so you're suggesting to put the cab in full range mode. Then I have to put the head in bridge mode right?

Reaction score
If I put in something on line in I should also be able to put in the base and hear it playing?

Could you shed some light on this too?

I've put the amp in bridged mode and stereo mode. Wiring the cab accordingly.

This seems to have effects on the Line-in too but it is somewhat inconsistent.

It seems like if I put something into line in, like my phone to play some drums, then I can either listen to the phone or unplug it and play base. Also line in is only audible on the cab, not headphones.

Is this like it is intended?

Top Bottom