Tuning machines

tpa

Reaction score
Hi there. Is it possible to service the worm gear of the Warwick tuners? They do look like it should be possible as with e.g. Schaller tuners where - after strings have been removed - this is possible by removing the small screw at the worm shaft end followed the shims and knob. Then the shaft can be pushed out of the housing for cleaning, lubrication and whatever. I tried this during last string change but with no succes, so I guess I have to use some special technique.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
They're not user-serviceable. They're not meant to be disassembled and reassembled. That's not to say someone couldn't get in there and mess with it, but they are cheap, easily replaceable, and available almost anywhere. Most of us just keep some spares on-hand.

Keep in mind that they are different on the right and left sides of the headstock.

If you cant find Warwick-branded tuners, you can use the Gotoh GB7 as a replacement. Just keep in mind that for resale, if you decide to sell the bass later on, most buyers want to see all Warwick tuning machines.

tpa

Reaction score
Thank you for the answer. And You are right. Several web shops have Warwick tuners and they are not expensive. If they wear out I'm probably better served by replacing the set.

Top Bottom