Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Tube Path 5.1 comparison

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by Jumpin, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Jumpin

Jumpin

Hi, I live near Bristol UK, and have had problems finding a stockist anywhere carrying both the Tube Path 5.1 and the X-Treme 5.1 amps. I have checked out the X-Treme yesterday in London and was very impressed with the fruity growl which is just what I have been searching for but would really want to compare with the TubePath. I see this gets 10/10 ratings on Harmony Central. Could anyone help by at least telling me how they feel the two amps compare in the "fruity growl" area? Ihave recently bought a Warwick Corvette$$ 5string and been very pleased with it but my current Hartke rig doesn't do it justice. Thanks, Jim.

2. Stroud

Stroud

ive only breifly tried the tubepath and it is good for growl but for me the x-treme is a growl machine :) you've got the growl knob which works excellently, and you've also got the parametric mids which allow you to boost another really growly frequency. my x-treme makes my bass twice as growly than anything else i play it through :)

3. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Alex is right, if you like the xtreme that much buy it. The Tubepath sounds very different, a little bit vintage (that's why I use it :) )

The tubepathe has a warm tubey sound, less aggressive than Xtreme, but... it cut through better in the mix :)

You cannot obtain the Xtreme sound with a tubepath, and you cannot obtain the tupepath sound with Xtreme, that's a fact!

4. DIZ

DIZ

Welcome to the forum Jim! Good luck in choosing the most suitable model for you. I'm sure there's no wrong choise here, as they both are excelent amps.. just a matter of taste :)

5. Michael J

Michael J

So... if I wanted some Muzz Skillings tone (Living Colours Time's Up album bass player) would a Tubepath or an X-Treme be better?

Im really diggn the spec sheet and the features of the Tubepath latly...