Truss Rod Tension On Beadg Tuned Basses

Reaction score
Hello all of my Warwick friends! I have a technical question for you. I have a 2011 Streamer LX LTD 5-string. I’ve been tuning this bass to BEADG for years as with all my other basses. It seems that with Warwick basses in particular when tuned in this fashion the necks always seem to be in a neutral state and the truss rod isn’t counteracting any tension. If I tighten the truss rod, even just finger tight, I lose the relief I’m looking for and letting it float I lose neck stability and run into a higher than desired relief. Does anyone know of any remedies for this? I’ve even gone up in string size with not much change. Thank you for any insight!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
That's a tough one. Also with the rod in neutral position the neck will be more sensitive to temperature and humidity changes, or even being picked up from a stand where its been for a couple of minutes.
With basses that have this inconvenience I find myself tuning the bass a lot in between sets.

Good to see you around by the way buddy.

Reaction score
That's what I've run into. Lots of tuning and never wants to stabilize. When it was tuned BEADG it was rock solid.

Good to see you!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
LOL this thread kinda turned into a shopping spree Any more lurking surprises?

Reaction score
I have to make a correction! In my original post I said BEADG. I meant to say I tune to ADGCF. Apologies.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Oh my prev reply is in the wrong thread. soz.

Top Bottom