Too Early To Start Pondering The 2022 Ltd Bass?????

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
And the winner is... NACHO!!! Congrats, you named the right model! The 2022 LTD is a Streamette! I had the honour to play it last month, also the Teambuilt version. But I had the duty to keep my mouth shut too. Don´t ask me how it can happen but the basses are online at Fretnation. Let´s hope HPW knows of this, otherwise there will be a lot of bones for nuts in the next days...

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I never really understood what a Streamette was lol. Blasphemy, I know! Not loving the finish on this.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I never really understood what a Streamette was lol. Blasphemy, I know! Not loving the finish on this.
The body is a mixture of the Streamer body (lower body) and a Corvette body (upper part with the horns). The bass looks nice in real life, both the Masterbuilt and the Teambuilt are true working horses. The prices are a bit steep imo.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Not understanding what they were thinking calling this a Streamette. Bit disappointing imo. No doubt they play great….but, where’s the missing main features of the incredible, original, masterpiece that is the Streamette:

-curved body for the BO
-hollowed out wings where f-holes would have gone
-Mirrored P pups
-Birdseye Maple would have been nice

Also, the Masterbuilt should have been the BO. Lastly, they made it way too close to a modern Corvette shape. The original Streamette body is far closer to a Thumb NT in shape, body curve and size, than a Streamer or a Vette. Might not look like it…but next to each other… it’s apparent.

@PaulS No doubt you used to know what the story of the Streamette is lol.

In a nutshell…

The story goes that Dana (Dana B Goods) and HP were walking through the warehouse near the turn of the century. Not sure why Dana was there other than being the US distributor. Old body wings that weren’t finished/used for the Infinette LTD run in ‘91, were discovered and a plan was hatched to use them for a US specific LTD…which became the Streamette.

I highly recommend you get one if you can. It’s the closest Wick you can get to an Infinette, at a fraction of the price. The body has a vintage feel and it’s a true beast to play. Love mine. And yes…the cavities in the wings are there, where the Infinette f-holes would have gone. Pretty cool.

Also, hi everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Hope you’re all well :)

Attachments

• 04961B5B-35E5-4483-A3CB-A41DA336F100.jpeg
    04961B5B-35E5-4483-A3CB-A41DA336F100.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 124
  • A6CA3684-38F7-4D67-8350-33A3F8E8C986.jpeg
    A6CA3684-38F7-4D67-8350-33A3F8E8C986.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Not understanding what they were thinking calling this a Streamette. Bit disappointing imo. No doubt they play great….but, where’s the missing main features of the incredible, original, masterpiece that is the Streamette:

-curved body for the BO
-hollowed out wings where f-holes would have gone
-Mirrored P pups
-Birdseye Maple would have been nice

Also, the Masterbuilt should have been the BO. Lastly, they made it way too close to a modern Corvette shape. The original Streamette body is far closer to a Thumb NT in shape, body curve and size, than a Streamer or a Vette. Might not look like it…but next to each other… it’s apparent.

@PaulS No doubt you used to know what the story of the Streamette is lol.

In a nutshell…

The story goes that Dana (Dana B Goods) and HP were walking through the warehouse near the turn of the century. Not sure why Dana was there other than being the US distributor. Old body wings that weren’t finished/used for the Infinette LTD run in ‘91, were discovered and a plan was hatched to use them for a US specific LTD…which became the Streamette.

I highly recommend you get one if you can. It’s the closest Wick you can get to an Infinette, at a fraction of the price. The body has a vintage feel and it’s a true beast to play. Love mine. And yes…the cavities in the wings are there, where the Infinette f-holes would have gone. Pretty cool.

Also, hi everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Hope you’re all well :)
Hi Scott, good to see you around in this season. Thanks for sharing the story, but I have not seen many original Streamette on the market. Happy holidays to you too !🧑‍🎄🎄

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The shop owner of Fret Nation posted the link himself in a Warwick group at Facebook. Since I knew that the guys at Warwick are not amused with leaks I wrote this in a comment. Surely he now was told by Warwick to delete the offer. But: Warwick made the same mistake. The LTD 2022 was posted on their website. Even though it is not anymore in the gallery the direct link still does work. You find it in the chat box. I don´t post it here.

Top Bottom