Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Tone Chamber System-into the depths of da lolphin

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by Augie, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Augie

Augie The Desert Bass-ape

There has been some discussion of how chambered the SN TCS basses and other TCS basses are. I previously thought that the lolphin only had chambers in the top of the body, as the timber there sounds hollow if you tap on it.
    BUT today i had the access cover mount off to change the jack and could see that the electronics cavity kept going towards the lower horn! I had a poke around to see how big the chamber was and its hooooj. Pretty much the bottom of the bass is hollow as well! i took some pics of me poking a screwdriver down to see how big the chamber is to illustrate.
    20140408_183041.jpg
    20140408_183057-2.jpg
    That didnt even hit the end of the chamber.
    20140408_183118.jpg
    This shows how deep it is, pretty much to the end of the bass. So these babies are REALLY chambered out. which is awesome. even more unique. Not too many semi-hollow afzelia basses out there! (or zebrano for my Infinity SNTCS brothers and sisters!)

2. PaulS

PaulS Good Vibe Sponsor

Damn I had no idea it was that extensive. But it is not really a light bass though, is it?

3. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

Anything Augie plays is heavy as f00k.

4. Augie

Augie The Desert Bass-ape

Its pretty light, closer to 4kg than 5 iirc. My other basses are a jazzman5- heavy, and a LX 4-really heavy. It certainly feels like a holiday for my shoulder when the jazzman come off and the lolphin goes on.

The guy I got it from reckoned it weighed 8.4 pounds. Which is pretty light, the dolphin body is fairly small, and the largest part of the body on the top is all hollow.

5. Turxile

Turxile

Wow I never noticed! Just had to check inside my SN... It is endless!
    I'm surprised about the weight though, mine is just over 10 lbs.