Thumb 5 NT 1991

Reaction score
Hello,

For sale this wonderful Thumb NT 5 strings 1991.

the only reason why I sell it is because my dream (since 20 years now!) is to own a Dolphin Pro I.
Now that I've found one (incredible 1989 one, with Boiré^^) I have to sell this lovely Thumb, because I'm not a millionnaire ^^

I imagine I don"t have to explain how incredible this instrument is,
hand made in Germany in the golden age of Warwick, this Thumb is perfectly balanced, which is very important to know about a Thumb^^

She is in a very good condition for a 24 years old instrument,
and I always took care of her ( I replaced the Bridge pickup a little bit nearer to the B string, because it was not well placed and the B string was a little bit lower sounding than the other strings. now, it is a real monster string ^^)

The frets are in a very good conditions, because I did not played her a lot in concerts (the bands which I tour with don't need a Warwick sound...) and she has just been seen by my favorite luthier, to give her a second youth.

so, it is a quite perfect instrument I think, and I'll cry when YOU will buy it ^^

I ask (only) 1500€ for it,
and I can send it in Europe for about 35€, in France for about 25€ (Im French...) ... free if you come to my home ^^ (and I'll offer you a coffee!)
I can send a hard or soft case if needed, for about 20€ .... (I've got a vintage 70's but very good Hard Case, and a brand new Fender soft case)

if you have any questions, anything I can answer to , just ask
regards,
C

Reaction score
yeah , I've found the way to add pics (my computer doesn't want to upload on the 1st post....)

so here it is :

20150606_172245.jpg

20150606_172313.jpg

20150606_172339.jpg

20150606_172428.jpg

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
I add that this gentleman is mainly interested in 5-strings Dolphin. (having exchanged a bit over the subject with him on a freench forum).

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I totally understand.

Reaction score
DiMarco, you made me cry......
you have got only two arms, why so many Dolphins ?? Give me one, I can help you ;)

Thank you Henry,
but you know, I'm looking mostly for a 5strings, but if someone contacts me for a 1989 Dolphin 4 strings, I couldn't possibly say no ;)

anyway, I'm opened for everything you can propose me :)

thanks,
C

Dazed

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I believe Marco now only (only :lol:) has the Pro1 5er.

The fretless is up for sale by Herb.

Small world of Warwick.

Reaction score
ok thanks :)

but... what a pic !
I'd prefer a 5 strings, but DiMarco's 4 strings looks exactly of what I dream about.... Barto MM + JB is the best, I think :)

btw, how much I could sell my Thumb ?
I have absolutely no idea of the value of these instruments.....

Reaction score
I've found a 1989 Dolphin, boiré, bartolini, chrome hardware... the dream !!!!!
thanks to Franck ;)

so... the Thumb is to sell now !

(I don"t know how to Edit the 1st Post..... maybe I don't see the option... I will maybe create a new one )

Reaction score
So this Thumb 5 nt 91 is for sale : 1500€

:)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Awesome! Good price too. Someone aught to snatch this Thumb NT up pretty quick.
First post changed to "for sale" by yours truly.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
hello there,
I'm french, so please forgive my bad english ;)
Hola, ofc I´ll forgive you that if you promise me next time I go to Paris, parisians won´t give me "the look" for my very basic french. ;)

Sorry for the offtopic, and good luck with your hunt. 8:

Reaction score
Parisians are not the same people than me . I'm Britton, and Brittany is another country than Paris.
Like Spain and Norway ;)
joking ^^

thank you, I hope I will sell it, because every contacts I have had in france for this bass says me that it's much too expensive :/
I need to sell it before the beautiful 1989 Dolphin that I found would go to another guy ..... boohoohoo buuuuy meee

I can add a Flight case (genuine 70', in good condition but vintage) or a NEW fender soft case for a little little extra (about 20€...)

I can send it in Europe for 35€, In france for much less, and in Brittany for free ^^
I'm used to send guitars, I'm selling my collection..... already 10 great basses sold, and 10 again to sell :)

thank you for editing my post ;)

Reaction score
btw, could a modo change the 1st post entirely ?
it would be more clear maybe ^^

something like that :

"Hello,

For sale this wonderful Thumb NT 5 strings 1991.

the only reason why I sell it is because my dream (since 20 years now!) is to own a Dolphin Pro I.
Now that I've found one (incredible 1989 one, with Boiré^^) I have to sell this lovely Thumb, because I'm not a millionnaire ^^

I imagine I don"t have to explain how incredible this instrument is,
hand made in Germany in the golden age of Warwick, this Thumb is perfectly balanced, which is very important to know about a Thumb^^

She is in a very good condition for a 24 years old instrument,
and I always took care of her ( I replaced the Bridge pickup a little bit nearer to the B string, because it was not well placed and the B string was a little bit lower sounding than the other strings. now, it is a real monster string ^^)

The frets are in a very good conditions, because I did not played her a lot in concerts (the bands which I tour with don't need a Warwick sound...) and she has just been seen by my favorite luthier, to give her a second youth.

so, it is a quite perfect instrument I think, and I'll cry when YOU will buy it ^^

I ask (only) 1500€ for it,
and I can send it in Europe for about 35€, in France for about 25€ (Im French...) ... free if you come to my home ^^ (and I'll offer you a coffee!)
I can send a hard or soft case if needed, for about 20€ .... (I've got a vintage 70's but very good Hard Case, and a brand new Fender soft case)

if you have any questions, anything I can answer to , just ask :)
regards,
C"

thanks guys ;)

Reaction score
May I suggest that you edit the original post and put vital information like the asking price? It is hard to locate as it is now.

Reaction score
@ uOpt:
he can't change or edit his first post.
Normal Users can only change/edit post only for a few minutes after posting..after that time only a mod can edit an older post

Reaction score
Yup....
maybe I should make a new post .....

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ya. I'm in your threads editing your stuffs! muhahahahahaaaaa!!! :twisted:
But seriously. If you want something changed in there just yell or PM so I can copy/paste if needed.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot ;)

just Copy/Paste the text I wrote 3 replys ago ,
and it will be good I think.

1500€ is a fair price I think.
but it is possible to discuss it.

Warwick basses are so underestimated....... When I see some Fender (and other kind of) sold for the price of a Dolphin I just want to cry.....
in 20 years, we will see which bass will have a straight neck or not !
I use to play often in Africa, an I just cannot imagine to go there with a Fender.... a real bow in 5 minutes ^^

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Ah hadn't noticed that. Fixed it now.

I own two 5str Warwicks, an active Fender Jazz and a Rickenbacker myself and play all of them depending on my mood or the band setting. During the last few years I have noticed at gigs and jamsessions that the Warwicks sound good through any rig where my other two basses seem to be more sensitive to what rig you plug them in to. The Warwicks also punch through band mixes much easier which means you don't have to be incredibly loud on stage to be able to hear yourself. Great stuff!

Only downside is because the Dolphin has a natural finish and needs waxing now and then it is more sensitive to temperature and humidity changes and I find myself tuning all the strings several times during a performance or practice session where the Ric and Jazz (which are completely sealed in lacquer) only need tuning right after coming out of the gig bag.

Reaction score
Thank you again !

and you're perfectly right about the Warwick sound, so easy to play on every situations !
on a big stage, or in a jamsession, the sound of those bass always finds the right place on the mix ;)

I will remember what you mention about the natural finish and will pay attention to that.
maybe after years and years, these basses need to be sealed ?
I'll ask my favorite luthier what is his opinion about that.....

Top Bottom