Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

For Sale: Thumb 1988 Ebony 1946 Fb Lefthanded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Stuff' started by Uros Stumberger, Feb 5, 2018.

By Uros Stumberger on Feb 5, 2018 at 2:24 PM
  1. Uros Stumberger

Uros Stumberger

It is one of the first handmade left-handed bass guitars made by Warwick. This is the third oldest Warwick I've ever seen, with the other two older Warwicks being sold years ago on leftybass. As such it's very rare but I'm sure you know that. The only reason I'm selling it is that I'm wanting to slim down my collection.

It has the early EMG pickups (before they changed to MEC).
    The body wood is solid Bubinga with a neck-through construction. The neck wood is Wenge with Bubinga and the fretboard is Ebony. This is because the bass was originally fretless (Ebony fretboards came with fretless basses only) and was made fretted early in its life. Because of this, there is a small mark near the twelfth fret and the dots on the side of the neck have been moved. The photos show this. The advantage of this is that it means that the Ebony fretboard is present instead of the normal Wenge which sounds great! Everything else is original. You can also see it has the old shaping style on the back of the head that was used in the very early days of Warwick as well as the very early tuners.
    Also nice to know, is that the wood this bass was made of is about 60 to 70 years old, as H.P.-Wilfer (CEO of Warwick) inherited the wood from his Father Fred, who founded Framus back in 1946.

If you have any more questions about it please let me know as I'm happy to discuss it further.

Price 5000€

Kind Regards
    Uroš

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Stuff' started by Uros Stumberger, Feb 5, 2018.