=The Warwick Thumb Club=

Reaction score
b70b.jpeg
wwm1.jpeg
4wbt.jpeg

When you thought one fretless Thumb NT was all you needed and you get the occasion to double the pleasure…

Vuk

Dr. Evil
Reaction score
Here's Johnny! My camera kind of stinks, so i didn't make an attempt to make a few more photos.. Maybe some other photo session.. But there it is, it's at least official now :p

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 74

Vuk

Dr. Evil
Reaction score
Great BO5BN. Enjoy the MIGHTY neck !
Thanks!

My friend got a hold of it and gave it to me for a trial run. I just couldn't miss the opportunity to get it for good, especially this specimen.. The B string sounds best on Warwick basses in my experience, and Thumb sounds pretty unique in general. It seemed to me at first that the string spacing would not suit me, but it is very comfortable to play, and easier than the Corvette I own, in more ways than one. I did start working out just to be able to play this bass live, but it's a win-win.. :D

Reaction score
I used to have the same bass. The B string is indeed huge in sound, but so is the neck. It was definitely too wide for my hands.
One sample I recorded at the time (both pickups, recorded direct to soundcard) :

Reactions: Vuk

Vuk

Dr. Evil
Reaction score
@kascollet nice grooving and tone! yeah, that sounds like this Thumb :) I don't have a problem with hands per se, but it's my damn pinky finger. It's disproportionately small compared to my other fingers. Sustained a huge cut on one of my fingers 2 weeks ago, but i'll get around and record stuff once it's recovered.

kimgee

Wenge Taste Tester
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
depends on who's asking
b70b.jpeg
wwm1.jpeg
4wbt.jpeg

When you thought one fretless Thumb NT was all you needed and you get the occasion to double the pleasure…
Anyone that can play a 6 string fretless has my respect, and those are both real beauties!

Reaction score
Well, the neck too is quite tiny at the nut, especially compared to this Prestige ATK’s.
BTW, both basses weigh the same (4,2kg) !

Last edited:
Reaction score
The older ones are heavier, and balance better, partly due to the brass bridge, partly due to the woods. My 91 6 strings weighs a ton (6kg).

Reaction score
Chrome hardware would have been nice too, changes it up a bit :D

Reaction score
Maybe you’re right. First BOs from 93 to early 95 has stock chrome hardware, just like this one. Unfortunately, the tuners were lacking in quality and two of them are just unusable today. I happen to have six quite fresh black Gotoh GB7 from my 91 NT6, and the original bridge from my 97 NT4 so switching to black was easy and makes sense, even if less “period correct”.

Top Bottom