=The Warwick Streamer Club=

Reaction score
Well guys, we are few, compared with the brothers of "The Thumb Club" but I know that there are several Forumers that possess them, so this thread is dedicated in my opinion for one of the most beautiful basses that has been built in history 8) STREAMERS 8) (Spector could be first, but our models are more stylized sorry :lol: ...) You can give your opinion, criticism, comments, Put photos, from the rockbasses, standarts, until SSII or P-nut!

Here's mine: Cheers :D

Reaction score
.................Uhhh............what am I doing here ?? Oops, wrong place.................Sorry.............bye !!! :lol:

Reaction score
ThirdthumB said:
.................Uhhh............what am I doing here ?? Oops, wrong place.................Sorry.............bye !!! :lol:

hehe..! You're welcome! Streamers is not your type, right?

kgm

Reaction score
I've got a Spector! - does that count? :?

Reaction score
Spector are great basses, but only Warwick here sorry 8) ..

maddrakkett

R.I.P.
Reaction score
Well, I GAS for a Streamer SSI or a Streamer LX, but I do own this beautiful rare Swirly Bubinga topped Streamer Std. 5:

I added a Bartolini 2-way preamp and those MEC Vintage Humbuckers have really come alive!

Reaction score
FunkyMan said:
ThirdthumB said:

hehe..! You're welcome! Streamers is not your type, right?

Hehe, not really no.....................But I have to admit, I recently tested a Rockbass Streamer Standard Single Pickup.....................and it was seriously sweet sounding. Gosh, Carolena wood rules big time. But hey, I feel welcome here, and certainly you are welcome in the Thumb club as well man. Cheers !!! :D

Reaction score
ThirdthumB said:

mee too. What am i doing here too? I do not dig Streamers...maybe because i have never played one.... well that might be the reason. anyways i will watch and read without posting since i have no knowledge on Streamers.

maddrakkett

R.I.P.
Reaction score
The reason I like Streamers is their more traditional look and tone that fits perfectly in funk, R&B, and acid jazz situations. There's just something about the look of a Streamer 4 with P and J pups and contoured body that gives me the warm fuzzies all over!

Then there's the whole early Stuart Zender factor. He is my absolute favorite for sound and style, and he did the first two Jamiroquai albums with a Streamer SSI...

The only turn-off for me is that the Streamer is a copy of the Spector bass, but with Warwick's innovations and craftsmanship, the Streamer is an improvement over a Spector any day IMO!

Reaction score
maddrakkett said:
The reason I like Streamers is their more traditional look and tone that fits perfectly in funk, R&B, and acid jazz situations. There's just something about the look of a Streamer 4 with P and J pups and contoured body that gives me the warm fuzzies all over!

Then there's the whole early Stuart Zender factor. He is my absolute favorite for sound and style, and he did the first two Jamiroquai albums with a Streamer SSI...

The only turn-off for me is that the Streamer is a copy of the Spector bass, but with Warwick's innovations and craftsmanship, the Streamer is an improvement over a Spector any day IMO!

For sure.. and this things happen with several brands, perfect example is sadowsky, they built High end basses based on fender's designs (i think most basess are re-Mould of fender hehe) So, continue bringing all those streamers guys! 8)

Reaction score
Any of you fancy Streamer club members care to dip in to this post:

I'd be really happeh!

(I'M HAVING GAS FOR STREAMERS!!!)

Reaction score
Same to you maddrakkett! Your swirly is quite a baby...and they have some serious pickups!! How does it sound with those pickups?

maddrakkett

R.I.P.
Reaction score
thegermof86 said:
Same to you maddrakkett! Your swirly is quite a baby...and they have some serious pickups!! How does it sound with those pickups?

It gets a great sound, kind of a traditional tone, but with no buzz. Adding the Bartolini preamp really makes them come alive! I would say my $$ is more versatile and my Thumb is more distinct, but my Streamer Std. has own little funky vibe goin' on! 8)

maddrakkett

R.I.P.
Reaction score
anarchyok said:
Stunning, Ian. IMHO nothing beats a nice bubinga grain!!

+1! I think Ian's Streamer was taken from the same tree as my Thumb:

:wink:

Top Bottom