=The Warwick Streamer Club=

Reaction score
@steembass do you have a photo of the front side of the preamp 'box'. It looks the right shape for a MarkBass pre, but I don't think it is though :)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Must be an early SD pre. They are still using those connectors on their current preamps. they just look different.
This was a kit including the pots and marked wires.

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
@steembass do you have a photo of the front side of the preamp 'box'. It looks the right shape for a MarkBass pre, but I don't think it is though :)
upload_2021-5-5_12-8-57.jpeg

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
@bassment73
yes, most likely.
The „old“ MEC‘ s BEC 1 came in an epoxy-encapsulated housing, too. And later changed to „open“ electronics like the new SD electronics.

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right, it is just a plastic box and doesn't give any clues.

Marco might be onto something when he said it might be an older style SD preamp.
I’m still not convinced that’s an SD preamp. I never seen an SD preamp that was in a box? Usually they’re PCB boards.

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I’m still not convinced that’s an SD preamp. I never seen an SD preamp that was in a box? Usually they’re PCB boards.
so..it remains undisclosed:cool:
soundwise I am happy-no matter if it is a SD or not:)

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
so..it remains undisclosed:cool:
soundwise I am happy-no matter if it is a SD or not:)
the pre-owner just kept it for just 1.5 years and sold it due to corona crisis (needed money) - he claimed. He bought it like it is - with the info (HPW‘s e-mail) that it has got SD Bassline pickups and MEC 2-band electronics. Its definitvely not a MEC - imho.

Reaction score
the pre-owner just kept it for just 1.5 years and sold it due to corona crisis (needed money) - he claimed. He bought it like it is - with the info (HPW‘s e-mail) that it has got SD Bassline pickups and MEC 2-band electronics. Its definitvely not a MEC - imho.
It definitely didn’t come stock like that. Those pickups and preamp were added.

Top Bottom