=The Warwick Streamer Club=

Reaction score
I'm not up on the different 5 string bridges with the broadneck (or not) and the later variations in materials and sizes.
Most of my basses are 'vintage' and the bridge is pretty much one size/shape. I had this 5 string bridge due to a very bad description when I bought it... how anyone can sell a 5 string bridge assembly but describe it as a 4 string is crazy! :/

Reaction score
I'm not up on the different 5 string bridges with the broadneck (or not) and the later variations in materials and sizes.
Most of my basses are 'vintage' and the bridge is pretty much one size/shape. I had this 5 string bridge due to a very bad description when I bought it... how anyone can sell a 5 string bridge assembly but describe it as a 4 string is crazy! :/
Oh man! Sorry to hear about that! Yeah some people are just abit out there
I’m just not sure if Mine is a 2 piece 3D bridge or a fishmsn bridge set up,I cant find info anywhere to get the right info I need and Also its made of brass?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi there. Must be frustrating!

Pretty sure this is the beast you will need as a complete unit: https://www.thomann.de/gb/warwick_bridge_30126_5g.htm

I don't think they have changed the bridge dimensions since 2009, but maybe worth just checking return policy first. The standard bridges are cast and not sure what alloy they are made of. The W custom-shop bridges are however CNC routed from a solid piece of brass, weigh a tonne and cost a small fortune 415 Euros: https://shop.warwick.de/en/parts-fo...1564882613A1896-D0486619001399653720A7&c=3533

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hi there. Must be frustrating!

Pretty sure this is the beast you will need as a complete unit: https://www.thomann.de/gb/warwick_bridge_30126_5g.htm

I don't think they have changed the bridge dimensions since 2009, but maybe worth just checking return policy first. The standard bridges are cast and not sure what alloy they are made of. The W custom-shop bridges are however CNC routed from a solid piece of brass, weigh a tonne and cost a small fortune 415 Euros: https://shop.warwick.de/en/parts-fo...1564882613A1896-D0486619001399653720A7&c=3533

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply man ☺️ I’m not sure if mine is a cast or a bronze bridge,it was $5,200 Australian when I bought it in 09 ‘it’s an 09 model’ I would think the bridge would be brass? I just don’t want to put an inferior Product on my bass and be like dam,I just de valued it lol
Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Pretty sure the solid brass bridges didn't come out until around 2013 or so and they only appear on the masterbuilt/custom-shop models. I think yours will be the cast model, but if someone else could chime in if they know more? You could always send your serial number to Warwick. They are pretty quick at getting back with the details of your bass including all the hardware etc. FWIW the standard cast bridges are in no way inferior.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Your bridge is not brass. Easiest way to tell the difference other than year & weight...is spotting those cast marks. The little circles in each slot. Brass bridges won't have those. They'll just have tiny swirls where the bit was grinding.

As @bassment73 correctly mentions, '13 was the year they switched backed to brass after a long hiatus from the early years of brass back in the eighties and early 90's. They used some seriously questionable hardware for a long stretch. JAN2 anyone :rolleyes:.

The new brass bridges are ever so slightly larger than the cast ones. I recently put one in a Streamette...and had to sand a tiny amount of the pocket to get it in. Keep that in mind.

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback guys and yes you both are right ☺️ It’s definitely a cast bridge,I’ve ordered a new one + tail piece,looks like I wasted $200 on getting the originals re plated, lesson learnt,thanks again guys happy playing

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback guys and yes you both are right ☺️ It’s definitely a cast bridge,I’ve ordered a new one + tail piece,looks like I wasted $200 on getting the originals re plated, lesson learnt,thanks again guys happy playing
Hope you get your new bridge and tail piece soon. Enjoy!

Reaction score
T

Thanks mate ☺️ I’ll post the pics once they arrive and then I’ll install
How gd are these basses lads tone for days!
Yep, can't agree more on 'tone for days'. In fact at this moment in time I only own 3 basses and all of them are Streamer LX's! This is because I've found them to be the most versatile for my needs and believe me I've owned over 75 basses in the 30 years I've been playing bass. One of my fretted LX's has roundwounds, the other fretted has flatwounds and my fretless has rounds (for more 'mwah'). Between the 3 of them I've been able to cover all of the sounds that I've needed to. I mainly play fingerstyle, but also play a fair amount using a pick or slap.

Will be good to see your pics of your bass with shiny new hardware :)

Reaction score
H
Yep, can't agree more on 'tone for days'. In fact at this moment in time I only own 3 basses and all of them are Streamer LX's! This is because I've found them to be the most versatile for my needs and believe me I've owned over 75 basses in the 30 years I've been playing bass. One of my fretted LX's has roundwounds, the other fretted has flatwounds and my fretless has rounds (for more 'mwah'). Between the 3 of them I've been able to cover all of the sounds that I've needed to. I mainly play fingerstyle, but also play a fair amount using a pick or slap.

Will be good to see your pics of your bass with shiny new hardware :)
wow! Man! You have 3!? Would love to see some pics of your Queens bruz! and that many basses! ‘Drooling’ be only got the one but dam I’ve loved her since I first got a hold

Reaction score
H

wow! Man! You have 3!? Would love to see some pics of your Queens bruz! and that many basses! ‘Drooling’ be only got the one but dam I’ve loved her since I first got a hold
No worries. About time I posted some pics , will sort something soon :)

Reaction score
H

Here you go buddy. Here's my 3 Streamer LX's in a bit of action! Excuse the crappy webcam and sloppy fretless playing near the end (don't play much fretless typically) :)

Reaction score
Here you go buddy. Here's my 3 Streamer LX's in a bit of action! Excuse the crappy webcam and sloppy fretless playing near the end (don't play much fretless typically) :)
Holy cow! Dam man! Nice basses! And even nicer playing!!! Mate that is so legit bruz! nothing sloppy about any of that playing! Just wow man,those tones! So do you have a YouTube channel?do you do tutorials? Lol I’d love to know how to be able to get tones like that and further my techniques.
That was great to watch man,I appreciate that so much Mate

Reaction score
Holy cow! Dam man! Nice basses! And even nicer playing!!! Mate that is so legit bruz! nothing sloppy about any of that playing! Just wow man,those tones! So do you have a YouTube channel?do you do tutorials? Lol I’d love to know how to be able to get tones like that and further my techniques.
That was great to watch man,I appreciate that so much Mate
No worries mate, glad you liked. No I didn't have anything up on YouTube channel until yesterday! Not really gone in for the videoing my playing thing before to be fair and don't do any tutorials - not sure I'd be all that good a teacher!

Ah the endless 'pursuit of tone'. That's probably why I've been through so many basses, but kind of settled on Warwick Streamers in the last few years. For a good 5 year period at one point I only ever played Fender Precisions - still love them, but overall a Streamer LX can do more for me. I've always been into music production from about the age of 13 (and I'm 47 now) so I've always thought like 'how do I get the tone on this track etc?' Plus most of the bands I have played in have been covers bands playing a wide range of material, so I've tended to need 1 or 2 basses that can get a wide palette of tones. The other thing I like about Streamers is the playing comfort and they just seem to work for me. I love the sound of Stingrays and have owned a couple in the past but just never seemed to enjoy playing them live for some reason. My 'mock stingray' tone on a Streamer if I needed one would be bridge pickup with a bit of low-end boost and some compression to keep things tight - gets at least some of the way there.

Recording wise (and same for the video you saw) my signal path is bass into Radial DI box -15db pad, then into Tascam US-122 MK2 USB audio interface into PC. Then I use either IKM Ampltitube 4 or Toontrack EZ-Mix for tone presets like amp modelling, compression, EQ etc. There's plenty of presets for bass to play around with in these. The Ampeg SVX collection for Amplitube is pretty good. Generally what I've found for a good bass tone is often what is going on in the mid frequencies as this is where a lot of that character/growl whatever you want to call it tends to come through.

Technique wise I've just played a lot of styles over the years from rock, heavy alt rock, funk, pop, jazz and I've always had the ethos of playing the way that the song needs, rather than imposing one rigid bass playing style on everything. I'm most at home playing fingerstyle funk, but in some bands I've played solely with a pick and with a bit of dirt on my sound, because that's what worked best. I think we learn a lot more this way and we get to understand a bit more about tone and technique.

Anyway, that's my boring essay over with. This unfortunate Covid-19 lockdown has meant that the funk band I had recently formed (bass, guitar, drums & sax) can't play together, but we have done a bit of collaborative jamming by building up a couple of tracks sending on a mix to each other so that we can add our bits in DAW. Still keeps things going until such time as we can actually meet up and play in a stuffy rehearsal room!

Enough waffling from me. Take care and stay safe :)

Reaction score
Dave is a pro, he does explain what he doesn't like and why so i dont fault him for it.

Top Bottom