=The Warwick Streamer Club=

Reaction score
Honey violin is much lighter, almost natural in color. :)
You sure? This is honey violin satin on my LX (albeit on flamed maple) and it's very different to a natural LX I have (HV much richer and darker).
honey-violin.jpg

Whereas, this is natural beeswax finish:

natural.jpg

Reaction score
@Gnermo i think this might be the answer. I recall the specs said something like "honey violin OFC (over French cherry??? ) satin surface.

Reaction score
@Gnermo i think this might be the answer. I recall the specs said something like "honey violin OFC (over French cherry??? ) satin surface.
Pretty sure OFC means Oil Finish Colour/ed. They used to refer to it often as 'Coloured Oil', whereas I think in more recent years 'Coloured Satin' is the term, which I think is a better description. I think it's generally US Cherry that is used for the bodies on Streamer BO, but I could be wrong. It's certainly US Cherry that's used today on some of the German Teambuilt models.

Reaction score
Real Name
Mark Keane
Indeed. AFAIK the finish is called honey violin (satin)
Schaller strap locks?? Just posted a thread how the guitars shape is unbroken a looks so good without standard dunlop/warwick locks. However only changed on my Corvette $$5 drilling into my bass was scary but i succeeded.
Mark

Reaction score
Schaller strap locks?? Just posted a thread how the guitars shape is unbroken a looks so good without standard dunlop/warwick locks. However only changed on my Corvette $$5 drilling into my bass was scary but i succeeded.
Mark
Not Schaller but Jim Dunlop recessed straplocks. At least I've been using them with Dunlop successfully for may years 😅 It looks great but haves some cons. If your strap is missing for some reason you can't use a standard solution without the othe part os the sistem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom