=the Warwick Nobby Meidel Club=

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
:) thank you.

yes, the previous owner obviously shortened the brass extender..I ve got an original one too.

The fretboard is really extremely nice!! According to HPW it is "tiger stripe ebony".

However, I do agree...maybe some other wood..

Unfortunately, I am definitively no "fretless player"..no talent whatsoever.:rolleyes::oops:

Ok,
the original electronics was Schaller PUs (passive) which I ve got from the previous owner (and confirmed by HPW).

Previous owner made an after sales Bartolini "upgrade" (PUs and Bart 2 way active EQ).

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
upload_2021-1-9_13-4-15.jpeg

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
:) thank you.

yes, the previous owner obviously shortened the brass extender..I ve got an original one too.

The fretboard is really extremely nice!! According to HPW it is "tiger stripe ebony".

However, I do agree...maybe some other wood..

Unfortunately, I am definitively no "fretless player"..no talent whatsoever.:rolleyes::oops:
I am an enthusiastic fretless player; not sure about my qualities :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Ok,
the original electronics was Schaller PUs (passive) which I ve got from the previous owner (and confirmed by HPW).

Previous owner made an after sales Bartolini "upgrade" (PUs and Bart 2 way active EQ).
Is the battery in the electronics compartment? Maybe you could post the pics of the backside ;)

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Very nice Steembass

If it’s the original compartment cover, it’s one of the highest numbers with the white one. Not long after #100 they started using black covers.

Lovely board. Agree with Brussels...looks like Macassar Ebony.

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Very nice Steembass

If it’s the original compartment cover, it’s one of the highest numbers with the white one. Not long after #100 they started using black covers.

Lovely board. Agree with Brussels...looks like Macassar Ebony.

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
thanks Hoggles!:)
#234 from spring 1984 acc to HPW

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
in terms of board...yes, in the „good old WW times“ you never know

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
thanks Hoggles!:)
#234 from spring 1984 acc to HPW
I would agree with Scott that yours could be a much earlier version - one of the first 100 from the white electronics cover.
Have a look below:
* left is an early version from '83 no #: all rosewood/maple, passive Schaller electronics
* right is a later (4th) version from '84 no #190: wings rosewood/maple, neck wenge + bubinga for the middle strip (?), active Alembic electronics.
BTW the Nr plate #190 fell off at home and I had to stick it back with superglue
161028378858892228869231576110.jpg
16102835123903296965044094995469.jpg

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
What is unusual on yours is the position of the security lock pin and the extender. This was surely placed on request by the buyer who ordered also this unusual and exquisite fretboard.

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I am not aware of all „after sales“ mods of previous owners..
the original pin position was afaik on the top corner of the body (?)..I ll put a golden one there (alreday drilled hole)...also possible that the original pin has been moved when the battery compartement was installed?
Furthermore, the mod of the original „bail“ is interesting (shortened by prev owner). And the aluminium one (made by prev owner).
The actual WW spare part (long one in the middle) seems to be shorter than the orig one?

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
I am not aware of all „after sales“ mods of previous owners..
the original pin position was afaik on the top corner of the body (?)..I ll put a golden one there (alreday drilled hole)...also possible that the original pin has been moved when the battery compartement was installed?
Furthermore, the mod of the original „bail“ is interesting (shortened by prev owner). And the aluminium one (made by prev owner).
The actual WW spare part (long one in the middle) seems to be shorter than the orig one?
The one at the corner seems the original one (I think I've seen one at this position) and the silver one is added; don't know what to make of the angled device :oops:
Thanks for sharing the photos!

Reaction score
Hi there Forum, I have just bought off of reverb a nobby body, I found most of the hardware except for the tuners, what would you guys recomend?

Top Bottom