=The Warwick Katana Club=

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Goodbye broken JAN2, hello Mr. Brassnut! I don’t hear any difference, but the JAN2 was really one of the really bad ideas of the Warwick kitchen.

34588391-939D-4B85-9AE0-6F0AC8361870.jpeg
76B91F76-BEA8-47FB-AC77-1A10F8EB61E5.jpeg

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Easy to replace? I have to change the JAN on my dirty blonde.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Easy to replace? I have to change the JAN on my dirty blonde.

Really easy. The nut is only fixed with some clay. Remove the nut patiently with a knive, clean the old clay away and fix the new nut with two drops of clay again. That’s all.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Goodbye broken JAN2, hello Mr. Brassnut! I don’t hear any difference, but the JAN2 was really one of the really bad ideas of the Warwick kitchen.

View attachment 19500 View attachment 19501

Hardy, if you have no use for the old nut, and haven't thrown it away, would you consider selling or giving it away? I gave my brass jan-1 away to a friend who helped me out with something, as he wanted to tune his bass BEAD. Let me know!

Attachments

• DSC_0085.JPG
    DSC_0085.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 326

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hardy, if you have no use for the old nut, and haven't thrown it away, would you consider selling or giving it away? I gave my brass jan-1 away to a friend who helped me out with something, as he wanted to tune his bass BEAD. Let me know!

Oh dear... Are you playing it like that?

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Okay I have no idea what super clay is and a google search doesn’t show me anything lol. I will ask my bass repair guy

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Okay I have no idea what super clay is and a google search doesn’t show me anything lol. I will ask my bass repair guy

I imagine he's talking about super glue. Which is all you need. And a straight edge razor. There's an official Wick vid on it.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yes that was a lame attempt at humor. I just got the flu as punishment for this.

Haha, I knew yours was a joke, but I was just clarifying Hardy saying glue was clay...and thus tried to let Paul know. Unless Hardy didn't mean glue, then I do I feel like Ron above.

So long story short, your Flu is probably from some other horrible thing you've done :rolleyes::D:p

Kidding!

In all seriousness, sorry to hear that and I hope you get well soon. That's no fun.

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Haha, I knew yours was a joke, but I was just clarifying Hardy saying glue was clay...and thus tried to let Paul know. Unless Hardy didn't mean glue, then I do I feel like Ron above.

So long story short, your Flu is probably from some other horrible thing you've done :rolleyes::D:p

Kidding!

In all seriousness, sorry to hear that and I hope you get well soon. That's no fun.

Thanks Hoggles. You know full well how serious the man flu is. It's a completely different illness to the female flu.

Seriously though, it's the situation where I'm going to sleep knowing next day will be truly horrible, starting from the early morning.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I meant glue! Clay is Russian for glue, it was a bit late yesterday and I mixed the languages of the occupants. This all because we lost two small wars! Otoh we all would speak Japanese now...

The broken JAN is already on the trash dump where it belongs to. Better get a good replacement, there are some good alternatives available at Thomann for example:

https://www.thomann.de/de/abm_6240_webster_nut_bass.htm

https://www.thomann.de/de/warwick_just_a_nut_iii_4string_385mm.htm

The prices for the brass nut are ridiculous! I bought my replacement used. But for the 10-string Streamer I will get one too, the bone nut looks not good on it. Still: I can hear NO difference.

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
The broken JAN is already on the trash dump where it belongs to. Better get a good replacement, there are some good alternatives available at Thomann for example:
https://www.thomann.de/de/abm_6240_webster_nut_bass.htm
You can also buy the ABM Webster Nut (or JAN I) directly at ABM, only makes sense if you buy more than one due to shipping cost.
I really perfer the JAN I, if I use Hipshot D-Tuners to adjust the E(or D)-String properly

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
You can also buy the ABM Webster Nut (or JAN I) directly at ABM, only makes sense if you buy more than one due to shipping cost.
I really perfer the JAN I, if I use Hipshot D-Tuners to adjust the E(or D)-String properly

Thanks!

ABM 6240 Sattel
ABM 6250 Sattel

How about that eh? Prices on the W webshop are more than double for practically the same nut (the 4 string nut has cross screws for some reason, but not the 5 string version)

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks!

ABM 6240 Sattel
ABM 6250 Sattel

How about that eh? Prices on the W webshop are more than double for practically the same nut (the 4 string nut has cross screws for some reason, but not the 5 string version)

We should start a new thread about this. Or is there an existing thread about nut replacements? (sounds weird...)

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
JAN2 and JAN3 are the exact same size so you can replace one for the other.
When the original nut was a JAN1 though, those are slimmer so you will have to relocate the trussrod cover when replacing that with a JAN3.

Brass or tedur at will - they sound exactly the same unless you only play open strings. I just think the brass one looks more sexy.

Top Bottom