=The Warwick Katana Club=

Reaction score
I'm still hoping they release a cheaper version of the Katana.
Maybe a Pro Series or something.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Figured I should post pictures of My Katana here. 2006 Bolt on, French Violet.

Attachments

• PICT0024.jpg
    PICT0024.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 407
  • PICT0017.jpg
    PICT0017.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 387

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Thank you! And I am all with you on the no to gold! I had them change it when I ordered it in from the dealer. I'm sure it would have contrasted greatly with the purple and I do't think the hard ware should be so noticeable. The streamer I recently ordered will be black also, although I almost ordered that satin chrome they have now. That is pretty sweet also.

Reaction score
Katana is not my cup of tea based just based on looks and I have never played one so wont comment further..... I thought you guys might be interested in this. This was listed on our local trading site. It is a neck through and been carved by a Moari master carver. He wants $2K.

g.JPG SnipImage(4).JPG

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Thank you! And I am all with you on the no to gold! I had them change it when I ordered it in from the dealer. I'm sure it would have contrasted greatly with the purple and I do't think the hard ware should be so noticeable. The streamer I recently ordered will be black also, although I almost ordered that satin chrome they have now. That is pretty sweet also.

Satin (or satan) chrome is 100% approved by "the committee". 8:

Katana is not my cup of tea based just based on looks and I have never played one so wont comment further..... I thought you guys might be interested in this. This was listed on our local trading site. It is a neck through and been carved by a Moari master carver. He wants $2K.

View attachment 19073

That´s something different...

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I really enjoy it. The tone is fantastic, I like the balance even though it is kind of heavy. I love the way it sings in the upper register. Unfortunately it is not so pristine now haha. My rather heavy slap technique has marred the finish near the base of the neck, I've worn away a good part of the finish there. I don't play it as much now due to the fat neck. I am thinking about replacing the neck with the new standard profile. I have a streamer $$ on order so once I see how that neck works for me, I will decide if I want to switch the Katana up. Really think they are underrated. And I'm glad I'm not the only one with the French violet. I think it's gorgeous.

gjj

Reaction score
They are fantastic basses. I like the fat neck, fits my hand well especially with the 5 string width. Also never needs adjustment. This is true for my Katana NT 5 string as well even with it's slimmer neck. Great instruments that blend in and stand out in the mix simultaneously. Go French Violet!!!

gjj

Reaction score
All3_01.jpg

I sold the one on the right.....2 Katanas should be enough!

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Looks like it yeah, leds in the fingerboard if I see correctly.

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Reaction score
Pardon my lack of knowledge of all the inserts. Methink you're right, no switch, no LEDs.

Reaction score
People that moan about the Katana have never seen it in gloss nirvana black.

I miss mine... I can't think of any way to put it other than it has the best hifi tone on a Warwick I've ever had. That neck pickup is magic. I just didn't agree with the width of the body and frankly got an offer I couldn't refuse.

Top Bottom