=The Warwick Katana Club=

Reaction score
Thanks a lot !

I think a Katana will be my next purchase, as this bass is the only WW featuring a true neck pickup and a broad spacing between the two.

Can you post some soundclips ??

Reaction score
I never liked them until i saw some band supporting porcupine tree aaaaaaaggges ago. On stage it looked amazing, sounded even better. The pics imo don't do it justice, in person that are really lovely, just look ugly as sin in pics imo :(

Although that flamed maple on yout first pic Gjj is simply stunning!

Reaction score
The Katana would be the Warwick which I wanted for most...

...but I wish it came in different woods. Make the Katana sound more like a Thumb or Streamer and I would make it my #1. How about an Ovangkol or Afzelia Katana?

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Somebody open the Katana club already! :d

gjj

Reaction score
How does one open a Club anyway? Can anyone do it or does a mod need to be involved?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
We're in the club now. To make it sticky Flo would have to do that.

gjj

Reaction score
French Violet! Sweeet! 8:

Yes sweet it is. The BO's are quite different sounding than the NT. Very grindy, nice growl, very tight B, even tone all across the neck. Sounds best in the band. 2 band eq not as flexy as the 3. Not flexy but still sexy!

GJJ

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm wondering, does the Katana have wide string space (like SS1) or standard WW spacing? I've looked, can't seem to find.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Standard spacing. But you can order with broad spacing if you like, in CS.

Reaction score
Growling Katana

The best quality and sounding bass ever. Best purchase ever made, I love it.:d

Reaction score
A Katana club?...about time...I have been relying on mine for a couple of years now and it has yet to disappoint. Will try to post some pics soon, but mine is really just the standard 4 neck through. I don't get why this bass isn't more popular. The only complaint I have is the weight (yes, it hurts after 4 or 5 hours). Wasn't sure about the look at first, but it has grown on me. It was the only higher end Warwick at the Nashville guitar center the day I bought it, and I was like "Ok, if it's the only one here, I'll try it" Played 3 notes and was floored (my wife called the bank immediately before I even said anything...). Good tone all around, and absolutely killer slap tone (great for that "Marcus" tone). Sorry to go on...but yes, I do love my Katana.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words man. Yes, the construction, the woods used, pickup placement, makes the Katana a slap machine.

Top Bottom