=The Warwick Fortress Club=

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
Pickups active EMG PJ Pickups

Original soft case too
Nice one :) The Pickups are the weak point of those basses, it is good you changed them :)
Well nobody cares for the soft cases, they aren't that good :p

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
It is nice if you have a sense of completism though.
The quality of those softcases isn't all that good, I agree.

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum, long time Warwick owner.

I’ve joined up here in a last ditch effort to locate a left handed Warwick Fortress. I’ve owned a Masterman but really want a four string version. If anyone has one or knows of one for sale please contact me through PM. Thanks very much.

Reaction score
IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG

New bass day: a 1995 fortress masterman. The black is not very flashy, but I'm not a very flashy guy, and I like the black hardware with the black finish.
Also pictured, my humble instrument collection, I'm keeping the fortress safely hidden in the back.
Going from the ibanez which has a massive (though I do like the string spacing), finished (slightly sticky) neck to the thin wenge neck of this thing, with the more familiar (for me) 4-strings is great. And I can already tell that the difference between the 5 kg ibanez and the 4 kg masterman is going to be great for those 3+ hour jam sessions.

This is the second masterman I've owned. I traded my last one for a vintage p-bass (~$2k value). I contacted the guy I traded it to, and he said he traded the masterman for a music man caprice and a 5-string stingray special HS ($4000 worth of basses). It seems these things have a stupid high trade value, but I will not be trading/selling this one (though I'm in the market to buy any mid 90's fortress mastermans that I can find at the fair price, purely for resale/trade purposes).
Well, kind of a long post, cheers!

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Darth Fortress!

Seriously @RichardL that's a nice looking bass you have there!

Now all you need is a Framus guitar to go along with the Gibson ;)

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there was ever a Fortress Flashback 5 made with either a natural or honey finish? What are the odds of finding one?

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Very nice, the top with the holes is very interesting. Played one in NY shop when these first came out.

Top Bottom