=The Warwick Fortress Club=

Reaction score
Hey! We need a club too! It probably won't be nearly as big as the others, but it will be more exclusive 8)

I don't think you'll see as many CS basses as on the other threads, but what the hell. Here we go, I'll start:

My 10-year old custom ovangkol Warwick Fortress MM with EMG electronics, got it new in '98. Everything you see is factory installed, a NOS Kahler was a PITA to find in those days (Kahler wasn't doing them in the 90's, believe me, it really wasn't a factory option :D). The Kahler probably was made somewhere in the 80's. The newer Kahlers are made exactly the same as this, I also have one made in 2007. I remember that CS had to be asked that if they would even install it. Same thing with the EMG's. It wasn't exactly cheap, in todays money you would be talking about $4-5k+ range.

It is GREAT. Clean looks, built like a tank, plays like butter. Cuts through anything.

Reaction score
Good move man. :D

Fortress = kicka$$, Ovangkol = kicka$$. Combined, it's super kicka$$. :twisted:

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
I love the simplicity and uniqueness of it.

Reaction score
here's mine.
nothing fancy but very easy to play and looks cool.
PS> my face does not always look like this.

Attachments

• pb190218_109.jpg
    pb190218_109.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,772
  • img_0277_145.jpg
    img_0277_145.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,800
Reaction score
this is not me but this is how I feel everytime i get a new Wic.

Have fun you guys!! :wink:

I know I am not the only one that feels like this!! LOL big time

Attachments

• fatspazkid2_132.gif
    fatspazkid2_132.gif
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,471
Reaction score
OMG.As a father of a 5 year old I just wanna ask,how the hell does someone do this to their kid?Y'ad have to shovel food down em 24/7 to achieve that level of fat arse.
On the plus side he looks like a lively little fatty.
Now we need an emoticon to convey disgust/humour.

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
I've seen a different version of that little clip. If you slow it down and show the whole thing it looks more like a girl. I could be wrong. Then again "it" probably won't be able to tell it's own gender anyways so lets just leave it at "it".

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
Here it is. "It" comes in after the first fat azz. Of course "it's" from america.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=02c8YnS3gew&feature=related[/ame]

Reaction score
I guess she/he might be a girl due to the flowers at the shirt. I guess he/she is like "Pat " from "Saturday Night Live".
Anyways let's go back to the Fortresses.

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
Yeah lets call it Pat, cuz you know what Pat spells backwards!
Ok fortresses...

Reaction score
One more before we stay on topic. HER MOM IS FEEDING HER PIZZA! WHAT THE ****!!!

I love fortresses (The basses).

Reaction score
Jonah man, that natural Fortress is gorgeous! I've never seen a totally natral finish on one before, and it looks wicked.

If anyone has a 5-string Fortress they don't want, please feel free to let me know! (Seriously, between that and an Infinity NT I'd be happy forever...)

Reaction score
Wow, I woke up and saw that this thread had a load of replies and was hoping to see some Fortresses... but most of the talk is about a dancing fat kid :lol:

You gotta love the internet! :twisted:

Reaction score
Jonah said:
Hey! We need a club too! It probably won't be nearly as big as the others, but it will be more exclusive 8)

I don't think you'll see as many CS basses as on the other threads, but what the hell. Here we go, I'll start:

My 10-year old custom ovangkol Warwick Fortress MM with EMG electronics, got it new in '98. Everything you see is factory installed, a NOS Kahler was a PITA to find in those days (Kahler wasn't doing them in the 90's, believe me, it really wasn't a factory option :D). The Kahler probably was made somewhere in the 80's. The newer Kahlers are made exactly the same as this, I also have one made in 2007. I remember that CS had to be asked that if they would even install it. Same thing with the EMG's. It wasn't exactly cheap, in todays money you would be talking about $4-5k+ range.

It is GREAT. Clean looks, built like a tank, plays like butter. Cuts through anything.

Thats a gorgeous looking bass...I love the simplicity of a single soapbar pickup. what kind of switching options does it have?

Reaction score
Tv IV Dogs said:
Thats a gorgeous looking bass...I love the simplicity of a single soapbar pickup. what kind of switching options does it have?

None, it's a EMG 35DC dualcoil (), with 3-band EMG EQ (sweepable mids) running at 18 volts. Very dynamic and powerful. No switching like in the original MM :)

Reaction score
Thats pretty cool.

I often find myself feeling spoilt for choice with all the switching options on my Kinal...sometimes I just long for a simple pickup with NO switching options :p

Thats a stunning bass dude...congrats! So you're the original owner then?

Reaction score
Tv IV Dogs said:
So you're the original owner then?

Yeah, it's been with me since the day it was made. It'll be 10 years this summer. I still have the original wax etc, and the spare whammy bar. Warwick made me a secong one, which is a bit longer. Dunno why, the Kahler came with one :D I don't remember whether I sent the whammy bar to Warwick when I sent the Kahler, maybe they thought I didn't have any :D

Can't remember.

Oh, I have another simple bass with only one pickup and active electronics, but to counter that I also have a 6 with dual humbuckers, piezo and a 3-band EQ. It has almost too many options to play with :p It can drive you nuts if you start tweaking.

Top Bottom