=The Warwick Fortress Club=

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Very nice, the top with the holes is very interesting. Played one in NY shop when these first came out.

Reaction score
Hello all,
i recently bought this Fortress from 1993, which i like very much.
It plays really great with low action. The only thing weird about it is how the saddles on the bridge align after i set the intonation. I already tried different strings but it stays this way, should i worry about it? I have never seen it like that.

cheers
Jakob

Attachments

• P7091480 (2).JPG
    P7091480 (2).JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 35
  • P7091478.JPG
    P7091478.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 35
Reaction score
That's a lovely bass, I had the chance to buy an identical one (maybe the same one :p) earlier this year but the seller pulled out with some bullshit story.
I'm putting EMG Geezer Butler's in my other one though, can't wait!

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
Hey, so while changing the strings i did a proper Setup from scratch. Now it looks much more normal :).
Plays even better now aswell.
View attachment 23364
Really love those 1993 Fortress Basses :)

@Gnermo You can't go wrong with other pickups. The PJ Balanced MEC are really horrible. The 5 string version in my Fortress V sounds way better though.

BrusselsBass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
That's a lovely bass, I had the chance to buy an identical one (maybe the same one :p) earlier this year but the seller pulled out with some bullshit story.
I'm putting EMG Geezer Butler's in my other one though, can't wait!
I tried the EMG GZR as a PJ configuration in my Nobby, but the passive didn't do much for me. Put back the Alembic.
Maybe the active EMG x are a better choice ...

Top Bottom