=The Warwick Custom Club=

Hardy

Supporting Member
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Tuners are overrated. Just don´t touch them.

boston asphalt2

Official Forum Pain in the Ass
Reaction score
Well, physically, the torque produced by a few hundred grams at the end of a 700mm neck can be felt.
And I think you mean Placebo.
Panacea is the cure to everything.

I'll aslo agree with my fellow DiMarco, tuners and straplocks are sub-par with the quality of the overall instrument.

Frigging autocorrect grrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoggles

Supporting Member
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I've never seen the tuners as particularly shitty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are horrible Boston. You've never simply touched the pegs of Wicks tuners, without strings? They are loose from the factory. By design. A bad design that is. Best thing someone can do with any Wick, new or used, is change the tuners for real ones.

My GB707's are rock solid....the way a tuner should be.

Warwick should have stuck with Gotoh. It's truly a bizzare place to save a little money on 5k-7k basses. It was the same for going away from brass JAN's for all those years. Just to save a little money on each bass. Luckily, they did the right thing and went back to brass JAN's by default. Time for the tuners to get an upgrade....

Sean Fairchild

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
Real Name
Ex: Wickinseatle
So...what CS works of art are for sure in the pipeline for forum regulars?

Off hand I can think of:

-Shelby = Short Scale Thumb BO

-A lawyer in Germany = And a bass that shall not be named or discussed anymore. Period.

-WickInSeattle = I believe is waiting on a 6'er Streamer?

-Thumbface84 = I think might have something being built?

Any others that you can think of?

That's right, I should have a 6 string Streamer Stage II done in a little less than a month, if things are still on schedule. Afzelia pommele top, ash back, maple wings on the neck but with the normal center laminations of wenge/afzelia, all-metal tuners and quick access truss rod compartment, but new preamp and matched wood control cavity cover. I can't wait!!

Reaction score
Yep I have the thumb in the works. Also about the tuners...the only ones I have felt the dire need to replace was on my FNA and they were just crap, loose, just gone. Replacing them with gold ultralites to match the rest of the hardware. I'm not sure how the wood ones of the new CS will be though but if they suck I will put on black ultralites. The wider design fits thicker strings which are handy for the music I play. Less wrap arounds to get a long scale tapered string in a short scale bass haha.

Reaction score
Real Name
Bengt
Guess I'll post to join and feel special

Attachments

• B16355220_Front.jpg
    B16355220_Front.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 101

Henrythe8

Dolphin Hoarder
Supporting Member
Reaction score