=The Warwick Corvette Club=

Reaction score
Hey guys! Got a 1998 single pick up all wenge corvette fna. Been trying to find more info about it, but usually find stuff about the fna jazzman. Really love this bass so far, my first warwick! The just a nut is awesome, so cool to have more freedom when setting up. the wenge feels great, and the grain looks so beautiful! Still getting used to the weight and feel of it, getting a nice wide strap to help soon tho!

Attachments

• 20200930_165425.jpg
    20200930_165425.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 231
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
WELCOME TO =THE CORVETTE CLUB= :)
You'll find many enthusiastic members here; browse this thread for lots of info.
To get the pictures upright in future, they need resizing (don't know the magic behind...) :eek:

Reaction score
Hey guys! Got a 1998 single pick up all wenge corvette fna. Been trying to find more info about it, but usually find stuff about the fna jazzman. Really love this bass so far, my first warwick! The just a nut is awesome, so cool to have more freedom when setting up. the wenge feels great, and the grain looks so beautiful! Still getting used to the weight and feel of it, getting a nice wide strap to help soon tho!

Nice! I had one of those almost exactly a few months ago. If by some chance you got it in/near VA it might've even been mine.

Reaction score
Nice! I had one of those almost exactly a few months ago. If by some chance you got it in/near VA it might've even been mine

This one had been living in AK since 2001 or so so i dont think so :) if you dont mind my asking, what prompted you to sell it? Also, I know my bass is a corvette, but can someone share what makes a corvette a corvette? Just the body shape? There are so many different configurations!

Reaction score
This one had been living in AK since 2001 or so so i dont think so :) if you dont mind my asking, what prompted you to sell it? Also, I know my bass is a corvette, but can someone share what makes a corvette a corvette? Just the body shape? There are so many different configurations!

I believe it is the body shape, but I could be wrong.
What prompted me to sell it was the neck on mine was a little warped. The g-string side would be straight but the b-string side was not. And I got offered $200 more than I paid for it, so that helped.

It was a nice bass, and I liked it otherwise, but because of the warping I couldn't get a perfect setup on it and it was a constant annoyance

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I am joining this Corvette club (unless German Teambuilt model doesn’t count? :().
Got Warwick Corvette $$ Ash about a week ago, and never been happier.

My first Warwick was RB Vampyre 2018, I bought it about a year ago, and I thought it was the best bass I ever had. I was wrong

Ordered this one, it’s a teambuild 2019, with loads of features that I always wanted (Luminlay, Warwick strap locks, etc) and even got a certificate that it was made in Germany, which makes me feel really good lol.

I always craved for Warwick Infinity Flamed maple, but I think this one will do for a few years :)

I only got a handmade Rockbag, so I was thinking if it’s worth for me to get Warwick flight case or should I go for a local custom made flight case? They offer Corvette shape for about 170£, while from what I saw on Warwick distribution page, their silver one is about 300£ o_O

Thank you for any advice in advance

Attachments

• BA034643-CCF3-47F9-AF9C-B8DF02471671.jpeg
    BA034643-CCF3-47F9-AF9C-B8DF02471671.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 5C843404-715F-4B8C-A8D5-0DC132E8B6D2.jpeg
    5C843404-715F-4B8C-A8D5-0DC132E8B6D2.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 222
  • BF6164C0-14D3-4F12-8631-70F6FAAC8FC4.jpeg
    BF6164C0-14D3-4F12-8631-70F6FAAC8FC4.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 205

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Beautiful bass! I always buy my cases second hand, but mostly I use the Rockbag gigbags.

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Hey guys,

So I am joining this Corvette club (unless German Teambuilt model doesn’t count? :().

My first Warwick was RB Vampyre 2018, I bought it about a year ago, and I thought it was the best bass I ever had. I was wrong

Ordered this one, it’s a teambuild 2019, with loads of features that I always wanted (Luminlay, Warwick strap locks, etc) and even got a certificate that it was made in Germany, which makes me feel really good lol.

I always craved for Warwick Infinity Flamed maple, but I think this one will do for a few years :)

I only got a handmade Rockbag, so I was thinking if it’s worth for me to get Warwick flight case or should I go for a local custom made flight case? They offer Corvette shape for about 170£, while from what I saw on Warwick distribution page, their silver one is about 300£ o_O

Congrats to the $$ - beautiful grain - and welcome to the club!
Spend your money on basses (there's so many clubs to join here) instead of cases :) I walk with a gator if needed ;)

Reaction score
I was surprised to discover that a a P Bass hard case actually fits a corvette perfectly! I use a fender elite flight case for my FNA when a rockbag won't do. So there are some other options to consider. Im a warwick newb tho!

On another note, i just put la bella flats on my FNA 5 and its sounds so nice! It's horn like at times, woody at others. Super nice for jazz but maleable enough for heavier music too. It feels like the way I was meant to play my FNA!

Reaction score
That’s a good idea, I will have a look around!

I want a flight case, as I would like to take my bass with me when visiting my mum in Slovakia (once Covid allows me). So it’s not urgent, but would like to get more ideas what to look at.

I never used flat strings, I play hard rock/metal with my band and I love that Marko Hietala (Nightwish, Tarot) sound. I used to use Warwick Black strings, but I discovered D’addario 160 balanced tension, which keep the tension of EADG tuning on my DGCF.

I always struggled to setup my bass well, and luthier near me here in Manchester just doesn’t have experience with Warwicks, so I wasn’t happy. Now I have this new Corvette, which was already setup perfectly, I just switched strings and tuned to DGCF. So pretty happy with that.

I would love to hear some other Corvettes you guys play, does any of you have some sound examples?

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Congrats on the bass! The Warwick silver cases are super heavy, unbelievably so. I only use mine for storage and never take em with me. Gig bags are the way to go, or a much lighter case.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Welcome, and nice F*@#ing No Altus!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A 'vette is a 'vette, doesn't matter if it is RockBass or Custom Shop. :)

Very nice flame on your $$, congrats.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve
Love my 2007 Corvette $$ and to think I almost parted ways with it but changed my mind. Some day I'd like to remove the bridge pickup and just have the neck one remaining. It does have a great P bass style sound.

Reaction score
Real Name
José Mantovani
Such a long time since I've last posted here... here's my new to me 2012 Rockbass with a 2010 neck (the original one got twisted so the seller swapped before posting for sale).

Attachments

• Rockbass.jpeg
    Rockbass.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 200
Reaction score
Hi Folks - I got my first Warwick this week and just joined the forum - I started playing bass again after a 25 year break. I've been cycling through some different basses until I find "the one". Here's my Pro Corvette 5 string. I'd like to confirm a couple of things - (which I probably know the answer to). a) The guy who sold it to me thought it was a Bubinga body and advertised it as such - sure looks like swam ash to me :), and, b) the SIN says it's from 2011 - which I assume means it's from Korea?...and are the frets Brass or Bronze?

Attachments

• IMG_8081.jpg
    IMG_8081.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_8082.jpg
    IMG_8082.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_8085.jpg
    IMG_8085.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 179
Top Bottom