=The Warwick Corvette Club=

Reaction score
Thank you sir. I don't get why it looks so swirly compared to other bubinga bodies

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Florin

OG
Reaction score
It is a different kind of bubinga called Bubinga Pommelle

Reaction score
Oh ok thank you for that. Is it normal to see on just a corvette standard??

Reaction score
How could that be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Florin

OG
Reaction score
How could that be?

I don't know :)) I don't think I've seen a Corvette STD with such a beautiful bubinga piece. You were probably really lucky, or this particular bass was built on a special request.

As the CS Manager at that time told me - the Corvette STD was the best Warwick's kept secret. Awesome classic Jbass- ish tone, with Warwick's growl, clarity, and lack of dead spots, at a very good price at that time.
Enjoy it, brother!

Reaction score
Thanks man! So probably nothing custom shop. But definitely very lucky and unique to have.

Reaction score
Played at the studio for the first time since the holidays, with my new corvette. I really really can't get use to it being a 4 string, but I love it so much.

Reaction score
Looks like unexpected mod activity made mine come through twice and I can't edit. Sorry about that.

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to say, I almost traded my corvette for an Ibanez sr705 today because I really miss having a 5 string. Not that I use the fifth very much, but when I'm fingering the E string,I can't do it as fast as with a five string because for some reason it's more comfortable

Reaction score
Corvette Taranis

Corvette Taranis, 4-string
Burgundy Red Sanded Oil finish
Swamp Ash body
Ovangkol neck
Black hardware

IMG_9343.jpg IMG_9351.jpg IMG_9353.jpg IMG_9360.jpg IMG_9364.jpg IMG_9394.jpg IMG_9397.jpg IMG_9400.jpg IMG_9447.jpg

Reaction score
Here we go then - proud to be a member of the Corvette Club :)

Introducing my lovely 2003 'Vette with her friend, 1993 Fortress One :)

warwicks2.jpg w4.jpg w3.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind comments :)

I know looks don't count for everything, but that colour really sealed the deal for me as soon as I saw her. She's a real beauty in every way :)

Reaction score
Sadly I don't have a serial number availible, and I didn't ask if he has the certificate. :confused:

Can someone tell me if this is a legit bass or not?
Cheers!

I believe that what you see on the last photo actually IS the serial number: 3/111, which means that it is bass number 111 of the 2003 limited edition.

Apologies for taking a Quote from the Thumb Club.

I was offered a Corvette LTD 09. No certificate, but shop invoice, seller provided picture of serial number. Now this serial number underneath H.P. Wilfer's signature was imprinted into the wood (like for any other bass), and there were in fact two lines: Top line said 009/300, second line gave a normal looking serial, with the 09 at the end. No special plate like in the pic of the Thumb above.
Did Warwick change the way they gave LTD serials? Is the bass offered the # 9 out of the 300 made, or is it the # 300 of the LTD series in 2009? As I will not be getting a certificate, how can I know?
(Of course I checked the second line serial # in the system, and got the confirmation that this bass is known to Warwick and all, but the system did not tell me why # within the LTD series the bass has.)

Top Bottom