=The Vintage Club=

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I should say....with that advert showing the Streamer, along with the TV Bass being shown off together... It's quite possible the TV was made well into '83, possibly even a few in '84 (1st official year of the Streamer). More research on the TV could certainly be done...along with some questions to HP; see if he remembers anything more about it.

Reaction score
Dear Hoggles,

I am talking about the bass in the advertisement you attached and the one that you see in the factory tour of Warwick on Youtube (time point 3.20 min): Inside The Warwick Bass Workshop

The other picture that you attached looks very much like a late Framus bass model that may have been produced by PH for a short while at the start of his Warwick company.

I guess that the ID plate of my TV Bass has fallen off indeed, so I will check with HP and if this is still available in some way or other.

I will post some oictures of my TV Bass soon.

Cheers, Peter

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Dear Hoggles,

I am talking about the bass in the advertisement you attached and the one that you see in the factory tour of Warwick on Youtube (time point 3.20 min): Inside The Warwick Bass Workshop

The other picture that you attached looks very much like a late Framus bass model that may have been produced by PH for a short while at the start of his Warwick company.

I guess that the ID plate of my TV Bass has fallen off indeed, so I will check with HP and if this is still available in some way or other.

Cheers, Peter
Thanks for sharing. What a lovely movie - haven't seen this.

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Dear Hoggles,

Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter,

Great video, I had yet to see that as well. Thanks for posting! Looks like HP gives his answer to how many TV's were made... "a couple hundred". Cool to see him give a bit more info on those 5 string JD Thumbs as well :) Also...the part about it used to take them 6-7 hours to pump out each Streamer back in the early days....and now it takes 35-40 hours. Pretty neat insight.

The most amazing part of that video though.... at the 7 min mark: THE SAMPLE CAGE?!?! Whhaaaaat?? Looking forward to that...someday.

Wait...forget that....the most amazing part of that video....the 8:05 mark! Hahahaha

Congrats on getting a piece of Warwick history... and good luck getting the serial plate. I think I can speak for all the fanatics on this forum; when I say we would LOVE to see as many detailed pictures of the TV Bass you want to put up. Hell, you might even want to start the "TV Bass Club", as one does not exist yet :D

Last edited:

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
What is a Warwick Desire Bass? :confused:

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
What is a Warwick Desire Bass? :confused:

We chatted about it a year or so ago. If you recall, there was a zombie thread talking about it.

This headless beast....

desire_bass.jpg

Warwick Desire Bass 1.jpg

I messaged HP about it back then...this was his response:

"The Desire Bass we made I guess 2 or 3 pcs., I still have one and one I left in 1984 or so
on the Chicago Summer Show with an Dealer (he never paid me) and it was such a difficult
time as I promised me to pay my both .. was a dealer from Chicago but even I can`t remember
the name anymore.. (I have the personal attitude since ever that I am so lucky that I can
forget such negative experience in my life totally) how ever the Desire Bass was made
with a Wenge Neck and a Zebrano Body with a new own designe Bass bridge but I stopped this
project after the Summer Namm as we where so busy with other products and finally I did not
liked the designe at all.

Hope this information is helping..

regards
"

The "Mesacool" is still a mystery.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
We chatted about it a year or so ago. If you recall, there was a zombie thread talking about it.

This headless beast....

I messaged HP about it back then...this was his response:

"The Desire Bass we made I guess 2 or 3 pcs., I still have one and one I left in 1984 or so
on the Chicago Summer Show with an Dealer (he never paid me) and it was such a difficult
time as I promised me to pay my both .. was a dealer from Chicago but even I can`t remember
the name anymore.. (I have the personal attitude since ever that I am so lucky that I can
forget such negative experience in my life totally) how ever the Desire Bass was made
with a Wenge Neck and a Zebrano Body with a new own designe Bass bridge but I stopped this
project after the Summer Namm as we where so busy with other products and finally I did not
liked the designe at all.

Hope this information is helping..

regards
"

The "Mesacool" is still a mystery.

Oh! I didn’t remember at all. Thank you for the info!

Reaction score
I just received my Warwick TV-Bass today from Germany.

It is in an absolutely wonderful condition afer more than 35 years. Hardly any wear and it has not been played a lot during its lifetime.

I'm also very confident that it is fully original and identical to the TV-Bass that is shown in the Warwick factory tour video that I posted earlier.

To Hoggles: you were exactly right, the serial plate has indeed fallen off (or removed) at some point. The remaining rectangular stamp is still clearly visible on the body lacquer (and I will not remove that of course). I really hope that HP can put me on the right track with this (at least let me know what info was stated on this serial plate).

Does anyone know if there may be any inscriptions in the neck pocket or base of the neck on Warwick bolt-on basses (similar to Fenders)?

Will post pictures soon!

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I just received my Warwick TV-Bass today from Germany.

It is in an absolutely wonderful condition afer more than 35 years. Hardly any wear and it has not been played a lot during its lifetime.

I'm also very confident that it is fully original and identical to the TV-Bass that is shown in the Warwick factory tour video that I posted earlier.

To Hoggles: you were exactly right, the serial plate has indeed fallen off (or removed) at some point. The remaining rectangular stamp is still clearly visible on the body lacquer (and I will not remove that of course). I really hope that HP can put me on the right track with this (at least let me know what info was stated on this serial plate).

Does anyone know if there may be any inscriptions in the neck pocket or base of the neck on Warwick bolt-on basses (similar to Fenders)?

Will post pictures soon!

Nice, Peter! Congrats!

I've never seen date/serial markings in the neck pocket of Wicks (though it could be), but they have shown up in some ealry models under the pick-ups. Of course with the TV, not sure. You may want to ask HP where he suggests to look first.

Looking forward to the pics!

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Hi Peter, congrats for a rare piece of Warwick history, the very beginning - have fun!!

Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
WOW - absolutely stunning condition! Are the PUs by EMG or Schaller ?

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Very cool! Congrats!
Best (only) look I've ever seen of the neck. Nice tobacco sunburst.

@BrusselsBass Schaller I believe

Reaction score
I received an immediate and very positive/confirmative reply from Hans Peter Wilfer, CEO/owner of Warwick (also based on photo's I sent to him, same as posted on this forum). Quoting:

"Yes it is one of my earliest Warwick Basses in 1982 before I designed the Nobby Meidel Bass for 1983 ... We made around 200 pcs. of this Model and sold them only in Germany and in Austria"

Specs:
- Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Top Side/Back Side Burl Veneer
Inside we used Limba wood ... was very light
- Hardware made by Schaller
- Pickups were Schaller Pickups
- Passive MEC Electronic

I checked Limba wood in the internet and found that this is an African wood also known as Korina, similar to Mahogany. Nowadays increasingly used as a high-quality tonewood due to its lightweight and sparse availability of good mahogany.

No need to say I'm delighted with all of this!

Reaction score
This may be interesting for other Warwick models as well (e.g. Nobby Meidel). The Schaller pickup have (additional?) magnets at the underside below the casing. That may be for hum-cancelling (a sort of humbucking effect) I guess. Anyway they sound excellent!

I have attached a few pictures how this looks like. I have also checked the pickup cavities and the neck pocket and there are no inscriptions or stamps there (as already suggested by other on this forum).

Hoggles

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Very cool. Thanks for posting those.

That burl veneer is amazing! I wonder what kind of burl it is.

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
This may be interesting for other Warwick models as well (e.g. Nobby Meidel). The Schaller pickup have (additional?) magnets at the underside below the casing. That may be for hum-cancelling (a sort of humbucking effect) I guess. Anyway they sound excellent!

I have attached a few pictures how this looks like. I have also checked the pickup cavities and the neck pocket and there are no inscriptions or stamps there (as already suggested by other on this forum).

Those Schallers are have the same specs as DiMarzios DP126 :) Because Schaller made them for DiMarzio for the european market. Only the colour of the cables are different.
I have the same Pickups in my Fortress One from 93 :)

Top Bottom