The price of gas.......

Reaction score
What is the price of gas where you live?

I live in Detroit, Michigan, United States and gas here is $4.09 per gallon. The lowest price I've seen in weeks has been $4.01.

Are prices this outrageous everywhere? I've been told it's even more overseas. What are you paying??

Reaction score
I'm paying $1.60AU/litre for premium unleaded.Luckily my car gets about 600 km's to a tank full.
**edit.
1 US gallon=3.78541 litres.
If I can use a calculator correctly,that makes it $6.048/litre.Not bad for a country that's swimming in oil & gas. :p

Reaction score
Greg said:
I'm paying $1.60AU/litre for premium unleaded.Luckily my car gets about 600 km's to a tank full.
**edit.
1 US gallon=3.78541 litres.
If I can use a calculator correctly,that makes it $6.048/litre.Not bad for a country that's swimming in oil & gas. :p

it's $6.05/gallon, Greg...

Reaction score
The equivalent of approximately US$5.80 per gallon at the moment.

...too much - It's getting tough going anywhere very far from home.

Reaction score
We`re at about 10,5$/gallon. But people also buy bottled water at 8$/liter, so why they complain, I don`t know.

Luckily, our car only use 0,38 liter per 10 km.

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
It's was about $4.19 a couple days ago. So its probably about $10.00 and a testicle today. I've found that the U.S. dollar is worth more if roll them up and use them to wipe your ass.

And to all the Euro using peeps. Yes I agree that you have it much worse than us but our dollar is nothing compared to yours and we have a complete moron, incompetent, worthless president stealing our money every week that he decides raise the gas price. All that I'm saying is that it just sucks when your money is being devoured by a illiterate man who has makes me even more embarrassed to call myself a U.S. citizen.

Reaction score
We're at around R9.50 a litre...works out to around $5.50 a gallon by Gregs conversion...

...everyone should just sit tight though....it's only gonna get more expensive.

Reaction score
9$/US gallon for gas. A real bargin!!

Ethanol (E85) is 5.18/US gallon.

Reaction score
thndrstk6 said:
It's was about $4.19 a couple days ago. So its probably about $10.00 and a testicle today. I've found that the U.S. dollar is worth more if roll them up and use them to wipe your a**.

And to all the Euro using peeps. Yes I agree that you have it much worse than us but our dollar is nothing compared to yours and we have a complete moron, incompetent, worthless president stealing our money every week that he decides raise the gas price. All that I'm saying is that it just sucks when your money is being devoured by a illiterate man who has makes me even more embarrassed to call myself a U.S. citizen.

You should live in the UK - our robbing government have just raised vehicle tax to $900/yr per vehicle for just about any car that doesn't do more than 35mpg and is newer than March 2001. Even the green party are distancing themselves from that one claiming that it gives green taxes a bad name!

And we still have pounds sterling over here - none of that Euro nonsense ;)

Reaction score
1,52€/Liter
=
8,63$/Gallon

It's way to much, considering that without taxes the price would be somewhere like 0,63€/Liter :(

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
Thats so f*cked up. Gas=$=Control.

Ironically enough here G.A.S.+$=Warwick!

Reaction score
boebl said:
1,52€/Liter
=
8,63$/Gallon

It's way to much, considering that without taxes the price would be somewhere like 0,63€/Liter :(

Incredible! When I moved to Germany 10 year ago I paid 1.36 DM/liter.

Reaction score
The price of gas? Depends what I'm gassing for xD
I don't have a car :)

maddrakkett

R.I.P.
Reaction score
Benjamin said:
haha. Shell sells limbs now? :O

No, Shell TAKES limbs! Ain't no selling them back! :lol:

BTW, the ther day on the news they said if another hurricane hits the oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico ( and hurricane season is going to be bad this year), then US gas prices will go to $7.00/gallon. If a hurricane doesn't hit the oil rigs, then prices will still go $7.00/gallon, but in 2 years instead of this year... People here just flat cannot afford the price and many commute quite a distance to work in vehicles that get poor milage. And we can't just go and get new high-milage or hybrid vehicles, 'cuz the trade in and other costs is too high, so it isn't easy in the US right now. I'm glad I got my Warwicks when I did! I may be looking at debt consolidation down the road - just as long as I'm not facing bankruptcy, like many US citizens may be facing soon if the economy keeps going the direction it is. And a lot of bankruptcies will not help the financial institutes, which in turn will negatively affect the already messed up economy - it's a downward-spiraling cycle that will bottom out when it's way too late! But we're not in a recession, so we're told...

maddrakkett

R.I.P.
Reaction score
thndrstk6 said:
It's was about $4.19 a couple days ago. So its probably about $10.00 and a testicle today. I've found that the U.S. dollar is worth more if roll them up and use them to wipe your a**.

I know Bush isn't popular right now and he comes off like a goof sometimes, but to give him all that power over the economy and over the gas pricing is a bit misplaced! Just 'cuz he's the president doesn't mean he controls everything. Remember, we have a government of checks and balances - a Republican President and a Democratic Congress... And Big Oil is priced by OPEC and the heads of the different oil companies. Why congress keeps giving these Big Oil Heads more money and then calls them in to grill them about the high gas prices, now that's moronic behavior.

Can we build more refineries? No. And it's too late. Can we drill in oil-rich deposits here in the US? No. Ecology is more important than human survival. Can we convert the US over to cheap alternative fuels? Yeah, Big Oil is going to just give up all their profits to help the people... :roll:

It's a bad situation, getting worse. But it's not like President Bush somehow controls it all with the wave of his hand. I know, he caused Katrina too because he was out swimming in some warm water and whenever he moved his arms in the water, a big wave would form until it became the worse flood in US history... With such magic powers, why doesn't Bush just rule the whole world with the snap of his finger?

But you know, Hillery says she'll fix the oil problems by working with the heads of these oil companies and showing them solutions to their problems. I just love when a person campains for the presidency and somehow feels they've gained more knowledge and ability than these corporate leaders who've been at it for many years. Maybe there needs to be fresh blood and new ideas, but somehow I don't think Hillery has become such a genious to fix Big Oil and medicare and all the other problems in our country. People blame Bush as if he can just wave his hand and make things happen. Then Hillery comes along and acts like she can wave her hand and fix it all...

Reaction score
It cost me £21-some to put 17-odd litres in my car the other day. That's roughly half a tank for me, so in terms of dollars, that would be around $80 for a full tank. How I envy you guys across the pond!

Top Bottom